Plugin Contributions

Default Admin date text boxes return dates in different date format

Entering dates in the text boxes next to spiffycal icons results in incorrect dates. Example: entering 02/01/2019 returns 01/02/2019. It appears, something is changing the date format of the input data. DATE_FORMAT is m/d/y and DATE_FORMAT_SPIFFYCAL is MM/dd/yyyy, both out-of-the-box defaults. Selecting a date from the spiffycal calendar works correctly, e.g., selecting Feb 1, 2019 puts 02/01/2019 in the text box and that value "sticks". Same problem on all admin date entry text boxes. No suggestions on how to fix at this time. zc156a, php 7.1.x.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin date text boxes return dates in different date format

This issue remains in zc157, php7.2.

When I tried to change the sale start/end date in special section, the same exact issue happens.

Plugin Contributions

If I may add to this...

I tried to discover what was going on. I hadn't necessarily fully installed 1.5.7a, but it was an installation from the latest of 1.5.7 from git as of about 2 weeks ago.

Anyways, what I am seeing and this happens on screen without having to save or anything is if a date is entered into say the Date Special Active: field, it is to the script as if it is entered in the dd/mm/yyyy format and that the script is to automatically and on screen convert it to mm/dd/yyyy format. It does that conversion/transformation upon leaving the date cell and so far based on the following: the date is left alone if when entered on screen, the "second" number is greater than 12. Big problem with this is that upon every manual "edit" the first two numbers will swap until the second number is greater than 12. If the dropdown calendar is used, this "swapping" doesn't occur.

Note that this new calendar as I recall is not supposedly a spiffycal anymore... There's been a new calendar incorporated and some new logic added to better support display and edit in alternate international formats.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

This issue remains in zc157c, php7.2.

Plugin Contributions

Here is my observation:

When I tried to create a new special, if I manually entered the date like 05/01/2021 by computer keyboard on either active or expire dates, then click the white unused section near the text box, the entered date will be automatically changed to 01/05/2021. Click the date text box again, then click the white section nearby, this number will be changed to 05/01/2021.

Using the drop down calendar to pick the date seems to not have this issue, but sometimes it will happen as well. Using the keyboard to enter will definitely trigger this issue by my test.