Plugin Contributions

Default ssl failure on downloads

First off I am not computer literate.. i paid someone to install my store. My main problem is... I was showing Mixed Content on my SSL so it wasn't totally secure.. I did not know where to go to resolve the issues (mainly images with http) I had my installer fix and yay it works but now when my customer purchases one of my products when they go to download (digital product) they get a secure connection failed. I contacted my host and they investigated and said everything was fine on their end and upon their investigation was a scripting issue with the code that is initiating on the download over SSL. I have no idea where to look or what to look for and how to correct. Also my ck editor ( i think they call it) even though set in my admin it is not visible for me when I add a product, I can't edit text or add url or images. Any help in easy explanations please would help. Greatly appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ssl failure on downloads

Quote Originally Posted by dee252 View Post
    First off I am not computer literate.. i paid someone to install my store. My main problem is... I was showing Mixed Content on my SSL so it wasn't totally secure.. I did not know where to go to resolve the issues (mainly images with http) I had my installer fix and yay it works but now when my customer purchases one of my products when they go to download (digital product) they get a secure connection failed. I contacted my host and they investigated and said everything was fine on their end and upon their investigation was a scripting issue with the code that is initiating on the download over SSL. I have no idea where to look or what to look for and how to correct. Also my ck editor ( i think they call it) even though set in my admin it is not visible for me when I add a product, I can't edit text or add url or images. Any help in easy explanations please would help. Greatly appreciated.
    Just talked to my host and they said
    that there seems to be an issue with the Download by Redirect function in ZenCart that is preventing these downloads from working in Firefox
    is there a fix for this?

Plugin Contributions

Are you really still running your store on Zen Cart 1.3.9h (released Oct 27, 2010 ... a lifetime ago in PHP land)? You're not going to want to hear this, but I'm going to suggest that the fix is to upgrade your Zen Cart to a more recent version.

Plugin Contributions

Well, version 1.3.9 as reported in this thread, is a very old version of Zen Cart. If Zen Cart was installed at or around the time of joining the forum at least version 1.5.1 was available, maybe even 1.5.3. The currently released version is 1.5.6a with 1.5.6b likely to be released sometime soon.

Some of what would help likely in this situation is to identify the pertinent information in the includes/configure.php file.What does the first part of HTTP_SERVER and HTTPS_SERVER look like? Do they both begin with https:?

What does the line look like that has ENABLE_SSL?What file types are attempted to be downloaded? What is the file extension? Is the extension all lower case?

Note: a file extension is the set of characters that follow the last period in the filename. So pdf files: filename.pdf. Zip files or compressed files end with .zip or other extensions as applicable.What method of download is used (settings I would expect to be identified in the admin under configuration->attribute settings. E.g. Is redirect used (not sure if available in ZC 1.3.9).If you were to ftp to the root of your store and look at the permissions for your downloads directory, what are they? Would expect 0755, but they may be set as something else.From answering the above questions, would think that can make some other suggestion(s) if going to continue to use the old software...

--------------

I wrote the above before seeing the host response.If I remember correctly, in includes/modules/pages/download/header_php.php or maybe it's in includes/modules/downloads.phpThere is an assignment for the redirect folder to make a link using the permissions of 0777.

I usually have to reduce that to 0755 in whatever way is made most convenient for the software. In the latest version, there is a constant that can be set, meaning the base software doesn't need to be touched.
    Last edited by mc12345678; 19 Mar 2019 at 07:08 PM. Reason: try to format
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Well I guess thats my main question answered.. so i think its time to rebuild and start fresh.. need to find me a site builder any recommendations?