Thread: logo

Plugin Contributions

Default logo

Before i start i can confirm iv searched the forum for help, followed threads and how others have done it BUT IV FAILED.

Please can someone help

im using Westminster_NEW
    zencart V 1.5.6

what file do i change to move the sites logo to the center instead of to the left and what do i change.

i would appreciate if anyone could help

many many thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: logo

your_store/includes/templates/your_template/common/tpl.header.php

Plugin Contributions

thanks for the reply, have you any idea on what to change?

Plugin Contributions

Around line 100 in tpl.header.php

Delete id="logo" (or modify the CSS for #logo) and add class="centeredContent"

Code:
     was    <div id="logo">

now    <div class="centeredContent">

<?php echo '<a href="' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . '">' . zen_image($template->get_template_dir(HEADER_LOGO_IMAGE, DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'images'). '/' . HEADER_LOGO_IMAGE, HEADER_ALT_TEXT) . '</a>'; ?>
    Last edited by IATIA; 21 Mar 2019 at 11:28 PM.

Plugin Contributions

thanks buddy, all sorted now with your help

Plugin Contributions

You're very welcome. I've received a lot of help from this forum. It's good to be able to return some of that help.

Plugin Contributions

As in most things computer and programming, there is more than one way to make something happen. What one has to look at is priorities in this situation.

The priorities I speak of are what makes upgrading at a later date the easiest and what keeps something else from messing with our content.

When ZC decides to give something a DIV ID versus DIV CLASS, it means the item is important and should be treated as "one of a kind."

Two things are going on here that I would caution you about. First, modifying a core file. Second, cancelling the LOGO's unique settings to move it to a general class.

Modifying core files for stylesheet changes is just not wise from a future upgrade point of view. More than likely, it will be missed at upgrade unless highly commented in the code. Adding LOGO to the class for centered content means that any time you change some item affected by centeredContent, you will also mess with the logo. So, let's look a possibly better solution.

One possibility that wouldn't cause much harm in the future is to remove #logo from line 32 of stylesheeet.css (that's where it's told to float:left) and add a line at the end of the same stylesheet.css that would read #logoWrapper{text-align:center;}

We often add this to a separate stylesheet to keep track of changes. We name it stylesheet_zcustom.css (forget who originally used this or I would credit them) so it it sure to load last. We do additions to css in this file with heavy referencing for future use/upgrade.

Plugin Contributions

No mention of modifying 'core' files was mentioned or insinuated.

Modifying your_template is what the system is all about. Effectively, your_template is the main 'override' system. System upgrades do not overwrite or even address those files and depending on the upgrade, all your_template files, modified or not, may need to be checked against 'core' files anyway. (if one is using the zencart 'core' templates with any intent of modifying, they should have copied them to your_template)

I mostly agree on the CSS just to make it easier to keep track of modifications. Initially, I was modifying the main stylesheet, but soon found that I had difficulty in keeping track of changes. I now have a stylesheet_z_custom.css and may perhaps I should have elaborated, but 'logo' is unique and has no other effect systemwide.