Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Spam - fake customers

To bad Zen Cart members couldn't band together, pay a hacker a fee, and have the hacker go after these spammers. Reverse spam them if you will. Clog their servers. Denial of Service Attack. Give them a taste of their own medicine...times 2. Just saying :)

Plugin Contributions

The problem is that the IP can easily be manipulated resulting in the wrongly accused being persecuted.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by loveSeesAllColors View Post
    To bad Zen Cart members couldn't band together, pay a hacker a fee, and have the hacker go after these spammers. Reverse spam them if you will. Clog their servers. Denial of Service Attack. Give them a taste of their own medicine...times 2. Just saying :)
    Spam.. The art of sending ads to all and anyone you can. After all, you want someone to buy from you right! Constant Contacts, Google ads and other paid services are costly, the kid next door would do it for less and we call him out for spamming! What about the others?

The art of spam! You code to send ads, I code to stop ads, I learn form that which I just stopped! I code to send better ads, you code to stop better ads, you learn more… the cycle continues… After all, is it not the idea to get your ads around the wall whale others are still learning! So they buy from you not me!

Now if we all stopped buying from ads, would we still get spammed! Or would it just make it easier to get my ads in first…

So, if you already paid someone for sending ads, then you already clogged their servers if they didn’t learn to block the spam!

Just wanted to toss that out, for spamming is not hacking!
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234