Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Upgrading to 1.5.0 to 1.5.6 problem

ZC 1.5.6 PHP 7.2.14

This was on the wrong category sorry for doubleposting. Step 2 is now where I am.

STEP 1.

I have a live environment running ZC 1.5.0 which must stay online all the time.
    I have a wamp environment and it has php 7.0 so I decided to skip installing 1.5.0 to development environment because that php version is not supported in WAMP. I installed instead 1.5.6 and nearly succeeded in that.

I made following procedure. I downloaded a dump of all the files in live 1.5.0 environment and then extracted 1.5.6 files over that. After that I imported the db and I could see the site. Old template was a mess but I could see it. Also character encoding was partly a mess but not in every place even I exported with utf-8mtb I could also not log into admin it gave error 500

Then I reactivated zc_install and upgraded db from 1.5.0 to 1.5.6. It succeeded but after that the shop went to maintenantence mode. Also I can not log in to admin it throws error 500

Hmm, I am again bricking things while trying to learn zen cart. Reason I tried this quick and dirty solution is that I am in a hurry and should have something to show&transfer on monday.

Logs shows:
    #1 include_once() called at [D:\wamp64\www\jmtechfi\includes\init_includes\init_templates.php:72]
    #2 require(D:\wamp64\www\jmtechfi\includes\init_includes\init_templates.php) called at [D:\wamp64\www\jmtechfi\includes\autoload_func.php:48]
    #3 require(D:\wamp64\www\jmtechfi\includes\autoload_func.php) called at [D:\wamp64\www\jmtechfi\includes\application_top.php:170]
    #4 require(D:\wamp64\www\jmtechfi\includes\application_top.php) called at [D:\wamp64\www\jmtechfi\index.php:26]
    --> PHP Warning: include_once(includes/languages/finnish.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\wamp64\www\jmtechfi\includes\init_includes\init_templates.php on line 72.

[29-Mar-2019 16:55:17 UTC] Request URI: /jmtechfi/, IP address: ::1
    #1 include_once() called at [D:\wamp64\www\jmtechfi\includes\init_includes\init_templates.php:72]
    #2 require(D:\wamp64\www\jmtechfi\includes\init_includes\init_templates.php) called at [D:\wamp64\www\jmtechfi\includes\autoload_func.php:48]
    #3 require(D:\wamp64\www\jmtechfi\includes\autoload_func.php) called at [D:\wamp64\www\jmtechfi\includes\application_top.php:170]
    #4 require(D:\wamp64\www\jmtechfi\includes\application_top.php) called at [D:\wamp64\www\jmtechfi\index.php:26]
    --> PHP Warning: include_once(): Failed opening 'includes/languages/finnish.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php\pear') in D:\wamp64\www\jmtechfi\includes\init_includes\init_templates.php on line 72.

[29-Mar-2019 16:55:17 UTC] Request URI: /jmtechfi/, IP address: ::1
    #1 require(D:\wamp64\www\jmtechfi\includes\init_includes\init_templates.php) called at [D:\wamp64\www\jmtechfi\includes\autoload_func.php:48]
    #2 require(D:\wamp64\www\jmtechfi\includes\autoload_func.php) called at [D:\wamp64\www\jmtechfi\includes\application_top.php:170]
    #3 require(D:\wamp64\www\jmtechfi\includes\application_top.php) called at [D:\wamp64\www\jmtechfi\index.php:26]
    --> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant CHARSET - assumed 'CHARSET' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in D:\wamp64\www\jmtechfi\includes\init_includes\init_templates.php on line 78.

STEP 2.

I noticed that first error is related to missing finnish language files and copied them to root/includes and that seemed to solve the charset problem.

I think all this is related to one thing the 1.5.0 live shop is located at example.com/subfolder/ and seems that now it is at example.com/

This is what I am aiming at so that it would be directly at domain root but should I copy all the rest of missing includes contents from example.com/subfolder/includes contents to example.com/includes ? there must be other missing thing too. I don't know which causes this because in configure.php I should have example.com/subfolder as a store root.
    Only problem with this is that the files in example.com/subfolder are from 1.5.0 version and files in example com are from 1.5.6

I copied the 1.5.0 default template to root/includes/templates and it came alive so clearly configure.php points to /root/ not root/subfolder. I am worried about copying old version stuff so I would need to get off from the maintenantence state so I could change template and possibly disable old plugins. I can not do this on the live site.
    Now I got an another error messages:

[29-Mar-2019 17:59:26 UTC] Request URI: /jmtechfi/, IP address: ::1
    #1 require(D:\wamp64\www\jmtechfi\includes\init_includes\init_sessions.php) called at [D:\wamp64\www\jmtechfi\includes\autoload_func.php:48]
    #2 require(D:\wamp64\www\jmtechfi\includes\autoload_func.php) called at [D:\wamp64\www\jmtechfi\includes\application_top.php:170]
    #3 require(D:\wamp64\www\jmtechfi\includes\application_top.php) called at [D:\wamp64\www\jmtechfi\index.php:26]
    --> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant OFFICE_IP_TO_HOST_ADDRESS - assumed 'OFFICE_IP_TO_HOST_ADDRESS' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in D:\wamp64\www\jmte

Don't know how to solve this

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrading to 1.5.0 to 1.5.6 problem

The admin pages give also an error 500 but I have checked that includes/languages/finnish.php does exists:

[29-Mar-2019 21:34:11 UTC] Request URI: /jmtechfi/admin0/?lang=eng, IP address: ::1
    #1 require() called at [D:\wamp64\www\jmtechfi\admin0\includes\init_includes\init_languages.php:49]
    #2 require(D:\wamp64\www\jmtechfi\admin0\includes\init_includes\init_languages.php) called at [D:\wamp64\www\jmtechfi\includes\autoload_func.php:48]
    #3 require(D:\wamp64\www\jmtechfi\includes\autoload_func.php) called at [D:\wamp64\www\jmtechfi\admin0\includes\application_top.php:171]
    #4 require(D:\wamp64\www\jmtechfi\admin0\includes\application_top.php) called at [D:\wamp64\www\jmtechfi\admin0\index.php:10]
    --> PHP Warning: require(includes/languages/finnish.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\wamp64\www\jmtechfi\admin0\includes\init_includes\init_languages.php on line 49.

[29-Mar-2019 21:34:11 UTC] PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/finnish.php' (include_path='.;C:\php\pear') in D:\wamp64\www\jmtechfi\admin0\includes\init_includes\init_languages.php on line 49
    [29-Mar-2019 21:34:11 UTC] PHP Stack trace:
    [29-Mar-2019 21:34:11 UTC] PHP 1. {main}() D:\wamp64\www\jmtechfi\admin0\index.php:0
    [29-Mar-2019 21:34:11 UTC] PHP 2. require() D:\wamp64\www\jmtechfi\admin0\index.php:10
    [29-Mar-2019 21:34:11 UTC] PHP 3. require() D:\wamp64\www\jmtechfi\admin0\includes\application_top.php:171
    [29-Mar-2019 21:34:11 UTC] PHP 4. require() D:\wamp64\www\jmtechfi\includes\autoload_func.php:48

So possibly this site maintenantence mode is related to finnish language which is now sites default language?

Plugin Contributions

sounds like some of your files are missing, as we did a migration from 1.3.9 to 1.5.6 without a single issue, check and verify all the issues by going thought the log file.
    Last edited by web-project; 30 Mar 2019 at 11:59 AM.
    - Freelance Software Developer

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

good to hear you managed to do such a long upgrade path without issues. I am suspecting that my WAMP testing environment is messing things around. Waiting still to get access to new server to set it up as a temporary playground before production. Thanks for the tip. Something is missing or actually not missing but not found ;)

Plugin Contributions

Was your finnish language set as the default language when you exported the production database?

If so, read this:
    https://github.com/zencart/zencart/issues/2228

Short answer, put language=en
    at the end to the url to access the pages:
    xxxxxx.php?language=en
    or
    xxxxxx.php?someotherparams&language=en
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Thank you Torvista. Yes it was Finnish. I tried ?language=en earlier when configure file showed maintenantence page. I also tried changing configure files too and now I got this so they are more wrong.
    Code:
    Your /includes/configure.php and/or /admin/includes/configure.php file contains invalid path information and/or invalid database-connection information.
    If you recently edited your configure.php files for any reason, or maybe moved your site to a different folder or different server, then you'll need to review and update all your settings to the correct values for your server.
    See the Online FAQ and Tutorials area on the Zen Cart® website for assistance.
    Additional Details: includes/configure.php file contents invalid. ie: DIR_FS_CATALOG not valid or not set
    WAMP php error logs shows mysterious:

Code:
    Unable to write to C:/WINDOWS/system32/drivers/etc/hosts file
    [30-Mar-2019 16:39:27 UTC] PHP Warning:  fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in D:\wamp64\scripts\refresh.php on line 479
    [30-Mar-2019 16:40:15 UTC] PHP Warning:  fopen(C:/WINDOWS/system32/drivers/etc/hosts): failed to open stream: Permission denied in D:\wamp64\scripts\refresh.php on line 462
    [30-Mar-2019 16:40:15 UTC] PHP Warning:  flock() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in D:\wamp64\scripts\refresh.php on line 463
    [30-Mar-2019 16:40:15 UTC] Unable to write to C:/WINDOWS/system32/drivers/etc/hosts file
    [30-Mar-2019 16:40:15 UTC] PHP Warning:  fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in D:\wamp64\scripts\refresh.php on line 479
    Also wamp environment seems to be missing something too when I look wamp php error logs. I also tried to install pear packages sytem wide.

Perhaps wisest move is to wait my new server and change the live shop default language to en, take a db dump switch live back to finnish and try to make installation to new server testing db and then switch there back to finnish.
    Because seems from your valuable input that I am doomed anyway unless I try to paste that github correction code.

Too much uncertainties, I suspect both wamp and this installation upgrade failure and now I messed even my configure.php. Too tired to do anything zen cart related today

Plugin Contributions

Too much uncertainties,
    Yes, but good for you that they are all on a development server, so you can sleep!

I would install 156, then import your database, then upgrade the database, then gradually add in your mod-merges...then you will end up with a fileset that you know works.

Since you have overwritten your modified shop with the 156 files, there will be extra-mod files in there that may well be responsible for your problems.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I have still no proper testing environment but using a free server. The problem seems to be pretty cumbersome. Made a clean 1.5.6 install which worked fine. Then imported 1.5.0 db and ran upgrade script and this is what I got:

Code:
    [/home/vol12_2/epizy.com/epiz_23696617/htdocs/kauppa/includes/templates/template_default/common/tpl_header.php:102]
    #7  require(/home/vol12_2/epizy.com/epiz_23696617/htdocs/kauppa/includes/templates/template_default/common/tpl_header.php) called at [/home/vol12_2/epizy.com/epiz_23696617/htdocs/kauppa/includes/templates/template_default/common/tpl_main_page.php:84]
    #8  require(/home/vol12_2/epizy.com/epiz_23696617/htdocs/kauppa/includes/templates/template_default/common/tpl_main_page.php) called at [/home/vol12_2/epizy.com/epiz_23696617/htdocs/kauppa/index.php:97]
    --> PHP Fatal error: 1146:Table 'epiz_23696617_zen.zen_ezpages_content' doesn't exist :: SELECT e.pages_id, e.page_open_new_window, e.page_is_ssl, e.alt_url, e.alt_url_external, e.toc_chapter, ec.pages_title
                                  FROM  zen_ezpages e,
                                        zen_ezpages_content ec
                                  WHERE e.pages_id = ec.pages_id
                                  AND ec.languages_id = 2
                                  AND e.status_header = 1
                                  AND e.header_sort_order > 0
                                  ORDER BY e.header_sort_order, ec.pages_title ==> (as called by) /home/vol12_2/epizy.com/epiz_23696617/htdocs/kauppa/includes/modules/ezpages_bar_header.php on line 25 <== in /home/vol12_2/epizy.com/epiz_23696617/htdocs/kauppa/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 171.
    Pages are not visible and throws php related error:
    Code:
    WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.

Plugin Contributions

You need to rerun the zc_install again, to upgrade your 1.5.0 database, as it is missing all the changes made to it between the old and new version.
    Quote Originally Posted by OopsIbrickedIT View Post
    Hi,

I have still no proper testing environment but using a free server. The problem seems to be pretty cumbersome. Made a clean 1.5.6 install which worked fine. Then imported 1.5.0 db and ran upgrade script and this is what I got:

Code:
    [/home/vol12_2/epizy.com/epiz_23696617/htdocs/kauppa/includes/templates/template_default/common/tpl_header.php:102]
    #7  require(/home/vol12_2/epizy.com/epiz_23696617/htdocs/kauppa/includes/templates/template_default/common/tpl_header.php) called at [/home/vol12_2/epizy.com/epiz_23696617/htdocs/kauppa/includes/templates/template_default/common/tpl_main_page.php:84]
    #8  require(/home/vol12_2/epizy.com/epiz_23696617/htdocs/kauppa/includes/templates/template_default/common/tpl_main_page.php) called at [/home/vol12_2/epizy.com/epiz_23696617/htdocs/kauppa/index.php:97]
    --> PHP Fatal error: 1146:Table 'epiz_23696617_zen.zen_ezpages_content' doesn't exist :: SELECT e.pages_id, e.page_open_new_window, e.page_is_ssl, e.alt_url, e.alt_url_external, e.toc_chapter, ec.pages_title
                                  FROM  zen_ezpages e,
                                        zen_ezpages_content ec
                                  WHERE e.pages_id = ec.pages_id
                                  AND ec.languages_id = 2
                                  AND e.status_header = 1
                                  AND e.header_sort_order > 0
                                  ORDER BY e.header_sort_order, ec.pages_title ==> (as called by) /home/vol12_2/epizy.com/epiz_23696617/htdocs/kauppa/includes/modules/ezpages_bar_header.php on line 25 <== in /home/vol12_2/epizy.com/epiz_23696617/htdocs/kauppa/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 171.
    Pages are not visible and throws php related error:
    Code:

Plugin Contributions

While the zc_install for upgrade may have appeared to successfully complete, it has not and it's a known issue with ZC 1.5.6/1.5.6a. If you obtain the zc_install folder from Github: https://github.com/zencart/zencart/tree/v156, then it should allow successful update.

The problem is that there are fields of the date/datetime type that have data such as '0000-00-00' or similar with a time in it. This is no longer acceptable data and is flagged when attempting to modify the table structure where such a date or default exists. The new zc_install process addresses these fields for Zen Cart tables.

Specifically what the debug log is indicating is that in attempting to access the a newly added table for ZC 1.5.6 to address/handle multi-language ez-pages that it could not be found. The zc_install upgrade process is expected to generate that table and the upgrade script includes the direction as well as a new install, but in performing the update, an error was encountered that prevented successful execution of the instruction to create the table.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast