Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrading to 1.5.0 to 1.5.6 problem

I finally managed to install 1.5.5f to testing environment. Latest problem was caused by a silly mistake from me aka. a space in configure file in wrong place.

Thank you to all who have helped.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrading to 1.5.0 to 1.5.6 problem

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIbrickedIT View Post
    Thank you again very much mc. I will try that when I get my test server setted up. Now I use php7.0 environment and decided stick to version 1.5.5f for little time because I do not want to start a new project aka building a template for 1.5.6 from scratch. I do not know foundation and my CSS skills are from 1.0 era

I got it allmost done, the template worked with 1.5.0 but of course not now properly. That is not alarming, more like expected. What is the new dilemma is that categories and foremost the admin shows 403 forbidden now. So I can not login to change the template. I would like to use sheffield blue in testing environment and perhaps tweak that to suite the requirements. So is this an .htaccess problem or perhaps server related I do not know because logs are empty.

So seems I am getting closer but not there yet. Any help would be highly appreciated.
    Really, there is little that needs to be "redone" to go from 1.5.5 to 1.5.6 regarding a template... Compare the template override file to the Zen Cart default version (responsive or not), incorporate specific PHP changes that have been made to maintain operation (some things may be in different locations of the templated files or include some additional logic), but all-in-all such a template upgrade is not difficult to get done. Starting from scratch to ensure that you are capturing every feature, well... Good on you if you do it, but if you have an existing template, it's not that difficult to upgrade it as well.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123