Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default looking for plug-in for product sample pages

A client whose ZenCart shop I support has asked me to look into the possibility of including sample pages for their products on the product info screen. They are a music seller and most online music sellers allow the visitor to see a couple of the pages of music before they buy.

I imagine this is possible either with multiple product images (the sample pages are jpgs I think) or with a plug-in. Can anyone recommend something that might work for this?

Thanks!
    Ellie Armsby

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: looking for plug-in for product sample pages

Quote Originally Posted by earmsby View Post
    A client whose ZenCart shop I support has asked me to look into the possibility of including sample pages for their products on the product info screen. They are a music seller and most online music sellers allow the visitor to see a couple of the pages of music before they buy.

I imagine this is possible either with multiple product images (the sample pages are jpgs I think) or with a plug-in. Can anyone recommend something that might work for this?

Thanks!
    Use of the additional images would be the easiest... That could be expanded upon by use of Image Handler (Version 4 for ZC 1.5.0 to 1.5.4 and Version 5 for ZC 1.5.5 and above). If not using image handler (and perhaps zen colorbox) and just using the additional images, filenaming is important to ensure that the additional images are tied to the original image. There's one or more FAQs about enabling and using additional images. There's also at least two "additional image" type programs where specific images can be associated with a product and shown somewhat "outside" of the normal additional images (filenaming is not as much of a concern).

One thing to note is that some purchased templates don't seem to include the additional image code. It can however be worked in by comparison of the template override file(s) to the default ZC template files (or responsive equivalent).
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: looking for plug-in for product sample pages

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Use of the additional images would be the easiest... That could be expanded upon by use of Image Handler (Version 4 for ZC 1.5.0 to 1.5.4 and Version 5 for ZC 1.5.5 and above). If not using image handler (and perhaps zen colorbox) and just using the additional images, filenaming is important to ensure that the additional images are tied to the original image. There's one or more FAQs about enabling and using additional images. There's also at least two "additional image" type programs where specific images can be associated with a product and shown somewhat "outside" of the normal additional images (filenaming is not as much of a concern).

One thing to note is that some purchased templates don't seem to include the additional image code. It can however be worked in by comparison of the template override file(s) to the default ZC template files (or responsive equivalent).
    Thanks! I'll play around with that and see if I can get something that does what they want.
    Ellie Armsby