Plugin Contributions

Default Removing the Product Details box

Hello all, long time viewer, first time posting. We're using Zen Cart 1.5.1, with PHP 5.4.36, MySQL 5.1.73, Winchester Responsive template v1.0, Image Handler v4.3.2 and Apsona ShopAdmin v1.07 (2010). We were going to launch three years ago, had to put everything on hold however now we're ready to go.

Everything is working and I plan to upgrade to a more elegant template, we're using the free Winchester template and that may be the issue. The site is: https://www.trackreadyproducts.com/

Is it possible to get rid of the "Product Details" box that displays on the product listings? Since you can click on the image to view the item's information and the Product Details box does the same thing, it's redundant. The other reason is that when you view the products from a mobile device the Product Details box extends beyond the item's frame and it looks dumb.

Thanks in advance,
    Henry

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Removing the Product Details box

First recommendation associated to this issue is to consider the purchaser. The visitor doesn't necessarily know that clicking on the image in a list situation would take them to the product details, but in the product it may provide a different perspective of the image... the words 'Product Details' though are far more telling about how to see more about the product.

Ok, so yes, the words get cut-off by the next box or side of the screen, but the size of the font could be adjusted so that the words appear all in the small width provided.

There is the class "button_goto_prod_details" that could potentially have additional sizing applied to it so that the text might be made to fit. I'm not where I can manipulate the css of a page to advise how this may be possible, but I think the text should remain in some way present...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

You will need to find the file and remove the link. You can use the Developer's Tool Kit to search for
    cssButtonHoverbutton_goto_prod_details
    and remove/hide the a href call for the button.

Plugin Contributions

That's a really good point to leave it there, I hadn't considered it; I'd be happy if I could shorten the button to "Details", I'll hunt around and see if I can find the code for that page.