Plugin Contributions

Default Sidebox image size in IE Internet Explorer

Just upgraded (new install) my site to ZC 1.5.6 and most everything seems to be working well.

Only issue so far is the product image in the REVIEWS sidebox. It displays OK in Friefox and Chrome, but very large in Internet Explorer. About twice the box width.

www.ultimatesorter.com - you might have to refresh page, but most reviews are for the item with image issue.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sidebox image size in IE Internet Explorer

I would consider you to not to worry to much on IE, unless your audiences/customers are really using IE.
    Most people are mainly using Chrome, Firefox, or the Edge (which is the new browser replaced IE in Windows 10).

Plus, Microsoft only maintain IE for security purposes, which means that it will no longer keep up with the HTML or CSS standards and therefore your website will be distorted as you keep developing to ensure compatibility for newer versions.

However, if you really want to maintain for those IE users.. you may have to search CSS rules exclusively for IE11. (Any older IE should be dropped at this point due to Microsoft no longer patch them.)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff G View Post
    Just upgraded (new install) my site to ZC 1.5.6 and most everything seems to be working well.

Only issue so far is the product image in the REVIEWS sidebox. It displays OK in Friefox and Chrome, but very large in Internet Explorer. About twice the box width.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.
    All but IE sets the image width based on the container most of the time. More advance ideas can change this.. however, ie is doing what you told it to.. your image width is set to 400 wide by 259 high which is not what you have the side column set to! If you set your image display properties to the same as your column width the problem is solved. Images display is in admin/images/ all the ones starting with image - can be set to column width... for me my column width is 150, I set all the images to 150 with Use Proportional Images on..
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Dave. That did the trick. Just wondering where else "small image width" might also be used.

PanZC2020, While IE market is considered small/shrinking and other issues, Analytics still show more than 25% of visitors to my site still use it. I would argue that if we can easily make the site compatible, why wouldn't we?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff G View Post
    Thanks Dave. That did the trick. Just wondering where else "small image width" might also be used.
    Not to sure, slowly trying to get away from hard coding sizes and more into view point and percentage.. check out w3school take on it.
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!