Plugin Contributions

Default 2 SEO questions re Product info pages

Hi, hopefully some advice please from successful Zenners on somewhat confusing aspects of SEO :)

1. 'unique content' to what extent does this apply to content in the product info pages?? I find it extremely difficult to find uniquely different ways to describe 200 plus products that are similar in nature and may have only one somewhat minor variation to the others (color, size etc) but identical in all other respects but different enough to be an individual product. (visually different for the customers)

- and, additional content in product info pages that is the same on every page, e.g. content regarding the quality, customer service, the origin of the product and content referencing detailed articles about its uses - does this additional 'same' content, regardless of %age ratio represent any problems? (this additional 'same' content in one specific case is about 75% of the content on the page). I see some sites that rank well and have less than 20 words total on the product info page - on one site my pages average 400+ (300 'same' as noted above)

2. internal linking from product page to other pages including index, other product pages and ez pages (articles) using anchor text - some say to link as much as you can internally, others not. So is it advantageous to link to index page via anchor text which includes relevance to what you want Google to rank the site for, from product pages? ..... or not necessary, Google will know?? if you want to rank for multiple keywords then simply work those words into the text or anchor text link those 'as well' ???

cheers,
    Mike
    Last edited by shags38; 22 May 2019 at 06:30 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 2 SEO questions re Product info pages

Unique Content
    I have many products that are identical but just compatible with different motorcycles. They all use the same boilerplate text with an additional phrase or two to identify the bike and maybe add anything specific to that particular item: there is no other way to do it.
    I consider unique content to mean unique compared to other websites offering the same or similar product. i.e. NOT using whatever badly-written description is included in some product feed the manufacturer makes available for it's distributors.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...