Plugin Contributions

Default How to show payment-phone in checkout success and order conf?

Hi

I am using PayByPhone module. It is working however I like to add some more informatio.

How can I show show at the bottom, customer's phone number. I know in the emails >> email_template_checkout.html at the top of the received email it shows but I want it at the bottom where "We will call you on this Phone No.:" I am confirming number I'll be calling..

an the includes/languages/english/modules/paym,ey/paybyphone.php file I have it as
    Code:
     // what the user sees 
      define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PBP_TEXT_TITLE', 'Pay by Phone');
      // what the admin sees in Modules Payment
      define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PBP_TEXT_DESCRIPTION', 'Pay by Phone');

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PBP_BUTTON_IMG', 'images/icons/paybyphone.jpg');
      define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PBP_TEXT_BUTTON_ALTTEXT', ' Pay by Phone logo');
      // Added by OAVS   
      define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PBP_TEXT_EMAIL_FOOTER', 
      "We will call you on this Phone No.:" . '$EMAIL_CUSTOMER_PHONE' . " once we process your order and calculate freight charges for your total order value.\n\n" . 

'<p>Thanks for your order and your patients.</p>');
    I also would like to show the same customer number with some text at the Checkout Sucess Page /index.php?main_page=checkout_success

Can you please sggest some solutions?

Thank you guys
    Downunder QLD

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to show customer phone in checkout success and order conf

The email content is generated in the includes/classes/order.php file, there are a few notifiers that can be used to incorporate your additional define and subsequently the variable replacement necessary to populate the html email with the additional content. To properly control, will want to identify the payment module that was used, if it is the paybyphone module then, to incorporate your additional content and use information from the order to finish the incorporation.

For the checkout_success page, there is information that is captured in session data during the completion of checkout that can potentially be used to populate the screen. Note that in testing, most of the data is provided one time only unless some of the code is overridden to support testing. Recommend doing this testing only on a test site so that normal checkout is not affected nor in some way abused.

I'm not personally familiar with this checkout method, so do not have specific guidance available at the moment to provide like if the module provides its own email template when it's in use or how it added the phone number to the to if provided in a way different than the standard checkout process. Basically would duplicate that revision, but with your own constant.

Lastly, and unrelated to the request, unless this site deals with medical customers, the text of your added line should use the word 'patience' instead of 'patients'. They sound the same, but have two different meanings.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to show customer phone in checkout success and order conf

I looked the file and tried afew things ('customers_telephone')
    Pay by Phone has only two files. On the other file at /includes/modules/payments/paybyphone.php , I added

Code:
     	  // Added by me  for customer phone number
    $db->Execute("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Phone No.', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PBP_PHONENUM', '01-2345 6789', 'Phone No.', '6', '1', now());");	 
    	  // eof Added by OAVS  for customer phone number
    ....but since I am novus I can't get it to show the phone number on the email.
    Downunder QLD