Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: User cannot log in nor reset password

My customer still cannot log in, even after a couple of days of wait (hoping it would magically fix the issue).

Is there any way that ZC might block users? Like blocking IP or something like that?

I suspect it is not specifically a ZC issue, or an account issue (she cannot log in using the exact same credentials that I can log in with), but I am at loss to help her.

Plugin Contributions

Is your customer typing or copy/pasting the password?

Most times when we ask or suggest they copy/paste instead of typing, the issue magically disappears and all works well.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RixStix View Post
    Is your customer typing or copy/pasting the password?

Most times when we ask or suggest they copy/paste instead of typing, the issue magically disappears and all works well.
    She tried both. I know that sometimes, copy/paste will add a space after but it didn't do anything different.

Plugin Contributions

...and you have actually testing logging in as the customer with the information they have provided, not the email address from the customer account, and you have compared the email address they gave you to the one listed for their account in the admin, correct? I ask, not to be a smart ######, but most of the time when I see this it is assumed the customer actually can type, but it is found that they can't and they misspelled something on the email address when they set the account up, so they never get the password reset or they used a different email address when they signed up and forgot and are trying to get in with a different email address.
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

You could have her install TeamViewer and remotely log in to her PC to see what's going on.
    https://www.teamviewer.com/

(My guess would be that @barco57 is correct and that she's fat fingering something.)
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Interestingly, that is exactly the next step I offered her, and we will do that tonight. I told her i want to scare her computer as it is funny how at work, whenever someone seems to have an issue with their computer, I just have to walk over and the issue is "fixed" without me even touching anything!

I will report tonight!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by barco57 View Post
    ...and you have actually testing logging in as the customer with the information they have provided, not the email address from the customer account, and you have compared the email address they gave you to the one listed for their account in the admin, correct? I ask, not to be a smart ######, but most of the time when I see this it is assumed the customer actually can type, but it is found that they can't and they misspelled something on the email address when they set the account up, so they never get the password reset or they used a different email address when they signed up and forgot and are trying to get in with a different email address.
    The email issue is not what is in this case. She created her account a couple of weeks ago and did make a purchase. I also checked the email myself so that is not an account that was set incorrectly.

I'll do a remote session with her tonight to see if anything jump at me.

Plugin Contributions

OK we just had a remote session and *I* typed in the email and password for her account and the message is that therew is no match.
    Then, I thought of checking her email and pw on my computer and it works.
    Then, I tried MY credentials (my email and password) on her computer, and i also get a message that there is no match.

She disabled her firewall. Same result.

It seems that NO credential is recognized on her system. She said she tried 4 different devices (Windows, Android, ipad) with the same result.

I am really stumped. What else to check?

Plugin Contributions

OK we did some more "testing" during the remote session:

- the user CAN search in the store without error

- the user CAN add to Favorite (although it gave the green message of the product being added to the cart)

- the user CANNOT send a message using the Contact us. She gets this triple error message:
    Error Sorry, is your name correct? Our system requires a minimum of 2 characters. Please try again.
    Error Sorry, my system does not understand your email address. Please try again.
    Error Did you forget your message? We would like to hear from you. You can type your comments in the text area below.
    And she tried a second time, so I watched and the name was correct, the email was correct, all the fields were filled.

- in the backend, I could "see" her as a guest. I saw her on the login page, and one product page, but then, she changed pages yet it didn't show in the backend anymore, as it kept showing the first product she clicked on.

So, I didn't find any solution, but it LOOKS like there is some kind of "disconnection" between the store and her IP or location or something related to "emails" in general (since it would not even take MY email to log in).

Any idea?

Plugin Contributions

Apple, Windows, Android?

We have a similar instance right now. Customer contact with is slow/sparce.
    Purchase last week using PayPal Express (i think) without logging into her account

Past issues for us have been copy/paste or Apple devices
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast