Plugin Contributions

help question How to setup store to run from a directory other than public_html?

What I am asking is how do you setup a store to run from a directory other than /public_html/ AND without the directory name showing in the store domain.

Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to setup store to run from a directory other than public_html?

You would need to load the store in the sub-directory and do a 301 redirect to point the URL to the sub-directory.

Additionally, make sure the SSL and 301 only go to one location (either www. or non-www.). That prevents duplication.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to setup store to run from a directory other than public_html?

I haven't exactly tried to follow the path of information, but I know that my host allows sub-domains to be identified and even in identifying the primary domain path location to pick where in the file structure a domain points so for example my primary domain may point to /usr/info/public_html/primary/hereissite/
    And a sub-domain may point to:
    /usr/info/public_html/secondary/hereissite/

Such that I have some additional "space" to work with below public_html and above the site's location. Customers do not see that folder structure and yet the store is loaded into a folder deeper than public_html.

Some hosts though will not allow that type of load structure if there is only one domain associated with the account. That requires a second domain to be associated and then that second domain becomes affected by settings made to manage the first domain because of the load sequence of files such as the .htaccess files.

It may be best to talk to your host about how to accomplish the desired action on their system.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...