Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon URI Mapping V5.0

Quote Originally Posted by simon1066 View Post
    Yes, I do. With CEON v5.0.1 / ZC v1.5.7b or ZC v1.5.6c. I hadn't noticed it before, as I rarely hit 'back' after 'preview'. If it hasn't been previously addressed in this thread perhaps it has been resolved in CEON v5.1.0. A workaround would be to save the product (click insert) and then go back into the product again to edit.
    Thanks for your response Simon - it validates at least to me that the issue I am having is not of my doing I agree with the workaround you suggested except that if in the product revision you make a change to the title of the product then the originally generated url remains and doesn't change to the newly modified title - and as far as I am aware you can't manually change CEON url's after they have been generated ....... and yes maybe it has been addressed in v5.1.0 (if anyone had reported it as an issue) however I cannot get v5.1.0 to work, hence the dilemma

Again thanks for your response.

cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    Thanks for your response Simon - it validates at least to me that the issue I am having is not of my doing I agree with the workaround you suggested except that if in the product revision you make a change to the title of the product then the originally generated url remains and doesn't change to the newly modified title - and as far as I am aware you can't manually change CEON url's after they have been generated ....... and yes maybe it has been addressed in v5.1.0 (if anyone had reported it as an issue) however I cannot get v5.1.0 to work, hence the dilemma

cheers,
    Mike
    ABSOLUTELY the uri can be modified after it has been entered and/or auto-generated! That's one of the points of the software... IF you keep the ceon database tables that is. To do that? When updating the store, follow the Zen Cart process(es).

I checked back to the ZC 1.5.7b site where I had installed the 5.1.0 version and it would appear that in addressing issues with whatever software was being installed, that I had independently applied the fix that DrByte mentioned above. Sorry for not recognizing the issue, for what I was dealing with it was one minor one of many other issues.

That said, I asked them to repeat the action of initiating a product, going to preview and then returning back and it seems like it works like it always does or has. Further it looks like the cause of that craziness is because of changes that were made to the buttons in the product review process where the cancel/back button uses a different link now than it used to use...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    ABSOLUTELY the uri can be modified after it has been entered and/or auto-generated! That's one of the points of the software... IF you keep the ceon database tables that is. To do that? When updating the store, follow the Zen Cart process(es).

I checked back to the ZC 1.5.7b site where I had installed the 5.1.0 version and it would appear that in addressing issues with whatever software was being installed, that I had independently applied the fix that DrByte mentioned above. Sorry for not recognizing the issue, for what I was dealing with it was one minor one of many other issues.

That said, I asked them to repeat the action of initiating a product, going to preview and then returning back and it seems like it works like it always does or has. Further it looks like the cause of that craziness is because of changes that were made to the buttons in the product review process where the cancel/back button uses a different link now than it used to use...
    Thanks MC - I have created a development site so will try installing v5.1.0 in there soon, after I get all these products loaded I searched CEON FAQ's and other sections of the plugin docs and didn't find anything regarding retrospectively changing generated url's, maybe I skimmed too quickly - I have the ceon database tables so I assume you make any changes directly in the database tables?

cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Thanks MC - I have created a development site so will try installing v5.1.0 in there soon, after I get all these products loaded I searched CEON FAQ's and other sections of the plugin docs and didn't find anything regarding retrospectively changing generated url's, maybe I skimmed too quickly - I have the ceon database tables so I assume you make any changes directly in the database tables?

cheers,
    Mike
    For normal use and everyday action, enter in the admin whatever address you want to use for the product. Whatever is last added is what will be the current address. Any previously entered address will go to the current address.

Sure from an outside perspective you don't necessarily want to frequently change the address of the product, but there is nothing wrong with some sort of change. Further, because an entered address goes to the same place throughout time, any address to that product is only a single redirect away and not complicated as if/when trying to do a bunch of redirects in an .htaccess.

Basically, stop overthinking things. You've been doing this stuff long enough to at least address the simple things. While the message may have changed or the help document location may have changed, its still the same thing and that troubleshooting doesn't really matter whether it is here or in some other software. It's just really easy here to identify, review and correct the issues. Some software lucky to find the log that identifies what the last big problem was...

Plugin Contributions

cheers,
    Mike
    I know @mc12345678 has helped with this but just in case you are still having difficulty generating a new URI for a product once the title has been altered (and at the risk of teaching you how to suck eggs):

If I edit a product in admin, change the title, at the bottom of the screen I see this:

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  12.3 KB

Just make sure the box is ticked then Preview and Update as normal to get a new URI. If you don't want to use an auto-generated URI, then just edit the URI field and leave the box unticked.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by simon1066 View Post
    I know @mc12345678 has helped with this but just in case you are still having difficulty generating a new URI for a product once the title has been altered (and at the risk of teaching you how to suck eggs):

If I edit a product in admin, change the title, at the bottom of the screen I see this:

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  12.3 KB

Just make sure the box is ticked then Preview and Update as normal to get a new URI. If you don't want to use an auto-generated URI, then just edit the URI field and leave the box unticked.
    For what I expect to be clarity of the above, if an object such as a product already has a rewrite, then I would expect the above image but with one minor difference that the checkbox would not be (automatically) checked. I would expect it to be auto-checked only if the product does not have a rewrite *and* that checkbox is defaulted to be on through the settings of the module.

Otherwise I would expect the above to be accurate... name change followed by checking that block and moving through the save aspect would cause a new rewrite to match the new name and whatever other settings there are. At least unless that new rewrite matches any that have previously existed...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    For what I expect to be clarity of the above, if an object such as a product already has a rewrite, then I would expect the above image but with one minor difference that the checkbox would not be (automatically) checked. I would expect it to be auto-checked only if the product does not have a rewrite *and* that checkbox is defaulted to be on through the settings of the module.

Otherwise I would expect the above to be accurate... name change followed by checking that block and moving through the save aspect would cause a new rewrite to match the new name and whatever other settings there are. At least unless that new rewrite matches any that have previously existed...
    Thank you MC and Simon for your explanations - much appreciated. I do not expect to be having to change url's too often but if a url is changed, is the new url automatically redirected to the original url? i.e. can the target continue to be accessed via the old url? I assume so but just double checking

thanks again,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Thank you MC and Simon for your explanations - much appreciated. I do not expect to be having to change url's too often but if a url is changed, is the new url automatically redirected to the original url? i.e. can the target continue to be accessed via the old url? I assume so but just double checking

thanks again,
    Mike
    I say this because if not mistaken, I've seen comment about "dumping the database" and starting all over. Provided the associated ceon database tables and actually the product, ezpages, categories, manufacturers to which that points are the same as they've "always been", then... yes, a uri that previously existed will still direct to whatever the current uri is in a single redirect. I stated this a few of my posts ago specifically to try to prevent having to answer it again, though it seems I didn't say it right, sorry.

Btw, I just went through the documentation to try to help a little further. If you look at the configuration section. Scroll down a little bit and will see a list of links to the remaining content. Pick any of the four "Specifying the Current URI Mapping for" links. Then scroll a little below that where it is described how to Change the current URI... the above is described/noted about.

Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart 1.5.7
    PHP 7.4.12
    Ceon URI Mapping 5.1.0

I had a number of warnings logged from this module.

The first is in includes/classes/class.Transliteration.php
    The warnings are like, and spread across multiple locations within the file.
    Code:
    PHP Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /home/xxxx/public_html/includes/classes/class.Transliteration.php on line 118.
    The fix is to replace the { } with [ ]

For example, line 118 was
    Code:
    if ($str{0} < "\x80") {
    and should be changed to
    Code:
    if ($str[0] < "\x80") {
    This needs doing on the following line numbers: 118, 135, 143, 167, 169 (twice), 171, 172 (twice), 174, 175 (three times), 177, 178 (twice), 179 (twice).

Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart 1.5.7
    PHP 7.4.12
    Ceon URI Mapping 5.1.0

The second file logging errors is admin/includes/classes/class.CeonURIMappingInstallOrUpgrade.php

The logged error is
    Code:
    PHP Deprecated: Unparenthesized `a ? b : c ? d : e` is deprecated. Use either `(a ? b : c) ? d : e` or `a ? b : (c ? d : e)` in /Users/steph/Sites/localhost/liberro/anorak1/includes/classes/class.CeonURIMappingInstallOrUpgrade.php on line 467
    This error is logged on 467, 472,477, 48, 485

To fix, replace the following lines 465 to 489
    Code:
    $fallback_defines = array(
    			'product_reviews' =>
    				isset($default_uri_parts[$default_language_code]['product_reviews']) ?
    				$default_uri_parts[$default_language_code]['product_reviews'] :
    				isset($default_uri_parts['en']['product_reviews']) ?
    				$default_uri_parts['en']['product_reviews'] : 'Reviews',
    			'product_reviews_info' =>
    				isset($default_uri_parts[$default_language_code]['product_reviews_info']) ?
    				$default_uri_parts[$default_language_code]['product_reviews_info'] :
    				isset($default_uri_parts['en']['product_reviews_info']) ?
    				$default_uri_parts['en']['product_reviews_info'] : 'Review',
    			'product_reviews_write' =>
    				isset($default_uri_parts[$default_language_code]['product_reviews_write']) ?
    				$default_uri_parts[$default_language_code]['product_reviews_write'] :
    				isset($default_uri_parts['en']['product_reviews_write']) ?
    				$default_uri_parts['en']['product_reviews_write'] : 'Write a Review',
    			'tell_a_friend' => isset($default_uri_parts[$default_language_code]['tell_a_friend']) ?
    				$default_uri_parts[$default_language_code]['tell_a_friend'] :
    				isset($default_uri_parts['en']['tell_a_friend']) ?
    				$default_uri_parts['en']['tell_a_friend'] : 'Tell a Friend',
    			'ask_a_question' => isset($default_uri_parts[$default_language_code]['ask_a_question']) ?
    				$default_uri_parts[$default_language_code]['ask_a_question'] :
    				isset($default_uri_parts['en']['ask_a_question']) ?
    				$default_uri_parts['en']['ask_a_question'] : 'Ask a Question'
    			);
    with
    Code:
    $fallback_defines = array(
    			'product_reviews' =>
    				isset($default_uri_parts[$default_language_code]['product_reviews']) ?
    				$default_uri_parts[$default_language_code]['product_reviews'] :
                    (isset($default_uri_parts['en']['product_reviews']) ?
    				$default_uri_parts['en']['product_reviews'] : 'Reviews'),
    			'product_reviews_info' =>
    				isset($default_uri_parts[$default_language_code]['product_reviews_info']) ?
    				$default_uri_parts[$default_language_code]['product_reviews_info'] :
                    (isset($default_uri_parts['en']['product_reviews_info']) ?
    				$default_uri_parts['en']['product_reviews_info'] : 'Review'),
    			'product_reviews_write' =>
    				isset($default_uri_parts[$default_language_code]['product_reviews_write']) ?
    				$default_uri_parts[$default_language_code]['product_reviews_write'] :
                    (isset($default_uri_parts['en']['product_reviews_write']) ?
    				$default_uri_parts['en']['product_reviews_write'] : 'Write a Review'),
    			'tell_a_friend' => isset($default_uri_parts[$default_language_code]['tell_a_friend']) ?
    				$default_uri_parts[$default_language_code]['tell_a_friend'] :
                    (isset($default_uri_parts['en']['tell_a_friend']) ?
    				$default_uri_parts['en']['tell_a_friend'] : 'Tell a Friend'),
    			'ask_a_question' => isset($default_uri_parts[$default_language_code]['ask_a_question']) ?
    				$default_uri_parts[$default_language_code]['ask_a_question'] :
                    (isset($default_uri_parts['en']['ask_a_question']) ?
    				$default_uri_parts['en']['ask_a_question'] : 'Ask a Question')
    			);

Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast