Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon URI Mapping V5.0

It appears that some alterations are necessary when downloading the new 5.1.0 from Ceon's site and installing in Zen 1.5.7b. When I first installed 5.1.0 it crashed my site completely. I then applied Dr Byte's fix (https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....77#post1377277). After that I could get in to the back end but the front end did not work at all. I have disabled the plugin and the site works fine now.

I believe from previous posts that there is more necessary than what Dr Byte posted, but the information seems a little disjointed. Can someone please clarify what the changes are in one post?

http://winecountrycannabistours.com/
    v 1.5.7b
    (don't worry about looks, its R&D)

MasterRusty
    17 Years and still just a "Follower." :P

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by masterrusty View Post
    It appears that some alterations are necessary when downloading the new 5.1.0 from Ceon's site and installing in Zen 1.5.7b. When I first installed 5.1.0 it crashed my site completely. I then applied Dr Byte's fix (https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....77#post1377277). After that I could get in to the back end but the front end did not work at all. I have disabled the plugin and the site works fine now.

I believe from previous posts that there is more necessary than what Dr Byte posted, but the information seems a little disjointed. Can someone please clarify what the changes are in one post?

http://winecountrycannabistours.com/
    v 1.5.7b
    (don't worry about looks, its R&D)

MasterRusty
    Might help to describe the history of the site... was a previous version installed to the fileset and then version 5.1.0 applied? Was this a new site that got version 5.1.0 installed? What logs were generated when enabled? All the fun things about getting help.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Might help to describe the history of the site... was a previous version installed to the fileset and then version 5.1.0 applied? Was this a new site that got version 5.1.0 installed? What logs were generated when enabled? All the fun things about getting help.

Thank you for your help!

The zen portion of the site is fresh & clean Zen 1.5.7b. The database has data in it from Ceon URI going back to Zen 1.3.9. On my first try I had Ceon URI as the third plug I was installing and crashed. Tried removing retracing etc, no go. I backed out completely and installed everything other plugin we use, then went back to CEON URI. Then as described crashed until Dr. Byte's fix, but that just fixed the back end.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your help!

The zen portion of the site is fresh & clean Zen 1.5.7b. The database has data in it from Ceon URI going back to Zen 1.3.9. On my first try I had Ceon URI as the third plug I was installing and crashed. Tried removing retracing etc, no go. I backed out completely and installed everything other plugin we use, then went back to CEON URI. Then as described crashed until Dr. Byte's fix, but that just fixed the back end.

I had also tried installing Ceon URI as the first plug in during my troubleshooting. Here is a list of plugins as the site sits now:

Plugins:
    Ceon URI 5.1.0 (nfg)
    Cross Sell 1.5
    EasyPopulate 4.0.36
    Simplified Social Share 3.0
    sitemapXML 3.9.6
    Square 1.5
    Image Handler 5.1.9

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your help!

In the "installation" process, did the database update part get run from the admin? I don't recall the exact designation, but think it is: Modules->Ceon URI Mapping.

And I thought there was some other information in the documentation to address some problems. Not sure though here if the problems are with the software or the database. My last download of the 5.1.0 version appeared to have a fix already applied in the admin for the issue described...

I just did a complete site build, installed all of the files (not including template override files), accessed the modules section for the plugin, it did a complete install, went to the demo product section edited the category Software and saved it with a URI being auto-generated and then accessed it from the catalog/internet. Site is functional. I do did see the admin's deprecated issues that were recently identified. but I have no issues logged from the catalog and it is working.

As far as crashing, it is important to identify what went wrong... Blank screen, database error, file not placed correctly, whatever... May even need to download the plugin again just to be sure that everything made it in the file transfer...

Plugin Contributions

In the "installation" process, did the database update part get run from the admin? I don't recall the exact designation, but think it is: Modules->Ceon URI Mapping.

And I thought there was some other information in the documentation to address some problems. Not sure though here if the problems are with the software or the database. My last download of the 5.1.0 version appeared to have a fix already applied in the admin for the issue described...

I just did a complete site build, installed all of the files (not including template override files), accessed the modules section for the plugin, it did a complete install, went to the demo product section edited the category Software and saved it with a URI being auto-generated and then accessed it from the catalog/internet. Site is functional. I do did see the admin's deprecated issues that were recently identified. but I have no issues logged from the catalog and it is working.

As far as crashing, it is important to identify what went wrong... Blank screen, database error, file not placed correctly, whatever... May even need to download the plugin again just to be sure that everything made it in the file transfer...
    Ok. So there is not a cumulative solution at this time. I apologize for being incomplete in my previous information I didn't want to repeat troubleshooting that had been done in previous posts.

The installation check says:
    ##################################################__
    A file has had a modification made to it, for an older version of Ceon URI Mapping, but this modification is no longer needed.

The path to the file is /home/uzl677kjertd/public_html/a-com/includes/extra_datafiles/ceon_uri_mapping_sessions_define.php

• Although the file had to be modified for a previous version of the module, this version works differently and the file is not modified for this version.
    • Remove the modification from the file by editing the file and removing the block beginning with // BEGIN CEON URI MAPPING 1 of 1 and ending with // END CEON URI MAPPING 1 of 1 - including those two “marker comments”.

##################################################

The file "/home/uzl677kjertd/public_html/a-com/includes/extra_datafiles/ceon_uri_mapping_sessions_define.php" on my server has no line that says "// BEGIN CEON URI MAPPING 1 of 1" (why would it? it is a ceon file).

When I turn on CEON URI in the admin links that use the "index.php?" format work. Links that use the CEON generated URI's result in a 404 error.

Plugin Contributions

Ok. So there is not a cumulative solution at this time. I apologize for being incomplete in my previous information I didn't want to repeat troubleshooting that had been done in previous posts.

The installation check says:
    ##################################################__
    A file has had a modification made to it, for an older version of Ceon URI Mapping, but this modification is no longer needed.

The path to the file is /home/uzl677kjertd/public_html/a-com/includes/extra_datafiles/ceon_uri_mapping_sessions_define.php

• Although the file had to be modified for a previous version of the module, this version works differently and the file is not modified for this version.
    • Remove the modification from the file by editing the file and removing the block beginning with // BEGIN CEON URI MAPPING 1 of 1 and ending with // END CEON URI MAPPING 1 of 1 - including those two “marker comments”.

##################################################

The file "/home/uzl677kjertd/public_html/a-com/includes/extra_datafiles/ceon_uri_mapping_sessions_define.php" on my server has no line that says "// BEGIN CEON URI MAPPING 1 of 1" (why would it? it is a ceon file).

When I turn on CEON URI in the admin links that use the "index.php?" format work. Links that use the CEON generated URI's result in a 404 error.
    Well, looking at the installation instructions under New files for the main store directory

I see this:
    Note that the file includes/extra_datafiles/ceon_uri_mapping_sessions_define.php is not needed for a new installation.
    and I don't see that file in the list of files to place on the server.

As far as upgrading (which one might think they are doing in this situation), the file seems to only be referenced in the sense that it should be removed when upgrading from certain versions of the plugin.

In all it doesn't look like the file does anything now, but did at one point. By that I mean, it doesn't look like there would be any harm of leaving that particular file other than the report provided in the installation check.

As to the 404 Error, there is information in the FAQs section:
    _docs/sections/faqs.html#rewrite-rule-missing-error

Plugin Contributions

Well, looking at the installation instructions under New files for the main store directory

I see this:
    Note that the file includes/extra_datafiles/ceon_uri_mapping_sessions_define.php is not needed for a new installation.
    and I don't see that file in the list of files to place on the server.

As far as upgrading (which one might think they are doing in this situation), the file seems to only be referenced in the sense that it should be removed when upgrading from certain versions of the plugin.

In all it doesn't look like the file does anything now, but did at one point. By that I mean, it doesn't look like there would be any harm of leaving that particular file other than the report provided in the installation check.

As to the 404 Error, there is information in the FAQs section:
    _docs/sections/faqs.html#rewrite-rule-missing-error
    Looks like I followed the directions in the module and put the .htaccess file in public_html\a-com. I moved the commands from that file to the one in the public_html\ root and it seems to work now.

Thank you again.

Hi Guys,

I have just installed and having an issue where all URLs are working as expected except any urls of the base zencart set such as login, contact_us, shipping_info.

It seems to be failing on any url using the ?main_page= when clicking I am getting redirected to ?main_page=product_info&products_id=0

I am using Zencart 1.5.7b, CEON 5.1 umm edition from ceon.net

I am not getting any log files, I have tried this with both store template and default template with same issue.

I am not sure where to go or how to diagnose, Anyone have any ideas?

I have read the docs for any FAQs and also read this thread quite a bit.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DannyVarley View Post
    Hi Guys,

I have just installed and having an issue where all URLs are working as expected except any urls of the base zencart set such as login, contact_us, shipping_info.

It seems to be failing on any url using the ?main_page= when clicking I am getting redirected to ?main_page=product_info&products_id=0

I am using Zencart 1.5.7b, CEON 5.1 umm edition from ceon.net

I am not getting any log files, I have tried this with both store template and default template with same issue.

I am not sure where to go or how to diagnose, Anyone have any ideas?

I have read the docs for any FAQs and also read this thread quite a bit.
    Please post your /.htaccess file, the one that has all the ceon stuff in it

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast