Plugin Contributions

Default NO Master ID on products after page 2 in whole store

Hi,

I have searched the Forum and Google for my problem but can't find answers, so trying here. I hope I can explain it correctly.

Our Webshop problem is that only the first TEN products in each catagorie are assigned to a Master ID.. from page 2 onwards the products don't seem to be in any Categorie at all. This means we can't move or delete these items.

At first I thought it affected only the products that we recently moved from v.1.3.5h to v1.5.6 but in the meantime we have new categories (and subcategories) and it's the same Problem. Page one (10 items) all have an Master ID.. from page 2.. all we get is

Current Product:
    ID#

Current Categories:

This goes through out the whole Webshop.

The strange this is, if I click on the product information under Product Master Category it shows the correct category.
    If I click on SaleMaker and put Discount on all products in an assigned Category, it also works - all products in that category show discount and yet we still can't move or delete the items.

I hope this is making sense?

Details to our store

- ZC V1.5.6 (we will be upgrading to v.1.5.6b as soon as this issue is resolved as I am worried it will be the same in the new one!
    - Upgrade : Rebuilt new store in temp location / installed mods (see list below) / copied Database from old store to new store

Mods: German language, Edit Orders, Encyrpted Master PW, CKeditor, Sales Report, Combination Discounts,
    Minimum order.
    We also had Better Together and BT Together Admin, but currently deleted as we thought this might be the
    problem.

What we have done so far:

- As per bug report v.1.5.6 we fixed the files for •Admin: Fix broken attribute-copy-to-whole-category (we thought this might be the Problem.

- Reset all Product Master Categories ID
    - Update All Products Atrribute sort order

We are at a loss as what to do or look now. We have thousands of products that we can move or delete at the Moment.

Appreciate any help.

Happy to provide more Information.

thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: NO Master ID on products after page 2 in whole store

I would like to make a small correction to the above. It Shows Master ID on the first page, where we can move and delete products, not only the first 10.

In configuration / maximum values/ Maximum Categories Products Display List = 50! So all 50 products on page 1 can be deleted or moved - page 2 no go again.

Plugin Contributions

Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing and the URL path *after* admin? I'm not tracking you at all. When you say "Master ID" do you mean "Master Categories ID" or "Products ID"? If you can't delete a product, is the delete icon not there on admin->catalog->categories/products?
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

This was an identified issue that has been corrected in later versions. I wish I could tell you specifically which commit(s) fixed it in github, but there had been some missing "page" related information causing the issue described.

I believe that this commit resolves part of the situation though there were several individuals that stepped up to see that this area of operation was successful. This means, that this one correction is not all that it takes for the area to work.
    https://github.com/zencart/zencart/c...0aafce1dcd27f3

And actually, I would think that if you obtained the ZC 1.5.6b version of admin/category_product_listing.php that your issue may be fixed right there, though there are other areas corrected between 1.5.6 and 1.5.6b.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    And actually, I would think that if you obtained the ZC 1.5.6b version of admin/category_product_listing.php that your issue may be fixed right there, though there are other areas corrected between 1.5.6 and 1.5.6b.
    Solid suggestion. I remember right after 1.5.6 was released fixing a defect in this area, and as mc says there were several others.

Plugin Contributions

FIXED - OH HAPPY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@scott I had difficulty finding a good way to describe the issue.. printscreens would have been good. Nextt time :) Thanks for taking time to read and comment.

@MC I replaced the file as suggested and voila .. it works :)

We will be updating to the newest version soon, but in the meantime it's great to have a working shop again :)

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plugin Contributions

Good job getting from 1.3 to 1.5.6!

You can reinstall Better Together and Better Together Admin and enjoy them too.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    Good job getting from 1.3 to 1.5.6!

You can reinstall Better Together and Better Together Admin and enjoy them too.
    thanks, the upgrade from 1.3 to 1.5.6 was literally a nightmare and took us about 6 months, stopping and trying again. In the end we don't even know why the database upgrade worked - it suddenly just did! Despite it all, I am glad you suggested I upgrade to the newest Version (we were going to do the 1.5.5 first as it seemed more stable). But now we are nearly up to date, and most issues have been resolved.

Anyone reading this post and still using 1.3.... do the upgrade, it doesn't get easier!!

BT is back on... love the mod!!

The reason why we disabled Better Together was because, while I was searching the web for a solution to our problem, someone who had a similar problem mentioned it started after installed Better Together.

Once again, thanks for the support.