Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Site continues to direct to old subfolder

Ok thanks, that sounds much easier. I was trying though to reroute any links with blackorchidcouture.com/store to blackorchidcouture.com, and I hadn't found anything that worked. I'll keep working on it. I do have files that I use in /store though, I have images for my eBay template. I have over 1000 listings on eBay and I wouldn't be able to edit each one to use a new folder, so actually this puts a wrench in things if I redirect from /store.... Hmmm....

Thanks for taking your time on this!!!

Plugin Contributions

The htaccess rules provided in the plugin are not the only way to handle things. It is possible to "review" the requests coming in and compare them to the files and folders on the system. If they don't point to a valid file nor folder then they should be handled by the plugin.

This way as long as you don't have a file (with path) that exists in the store directory that is the same name as one of your products then it would work to have Zen Cart in the root directory and these other things still in the store directory at least for the time being.

Basically could have the htaccess, instead of excepting specific folders with the various RewriteCond's, to be like this:
    Code:
    RewriteEngine on

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/store(/)?$ [NC] 
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php [QSA,L,R=301]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    This way, if the requested path is not specifically an existing file or folder then it will be handled by your catalog. The first rewrite checks to see if the request is specifically for the root of the store without/with the ending slash. The second set processes the request, evaluates the file/folder structure to see if the specific request is a file or a specific folder. If it is either of those two, then no handling is performed. If path provided doesn't resolve to a file or folder then the request is provided to the code to process.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

The htaccess rules provided in the plugin are not the only way to handle things. It is possible to "review" the requests coming in and compare them to the files and folders on the system. If they don't point to a valid file nor folder then they should be handled by the plugin.

This way as long as you don't have a file (with path) that exists in the store directory that is the same name as one of your products then it would work to have Zen Cart in the root directory and these other things still in the store directory at least for the time being.

Basically could have the htaccess, instead of excepting specific folders with the various RewriteCond's, to be like this:
    Code:
    RewriteEngine on

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/store(/)?$ [NC] 

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    This way, if the requested path is not specifically an existing file or folder then it will be handled by your catalog. The first rewrite checks to see if the request is specifically for the root of the store without/with the ending slash. The second set processes the request, evaluates the file/folder structure to see if the specific request is a file or a specific folder. If it is either of those two, then no handling is performed. If path provided doesn't resolve to a file or folder then the request is provided to the code to process.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12