Plugin Contributions

Default No access to admin out of the blue

I installed ZenCart for a friend of mine a few months ago, version 1.5.6a. It was working fine until yesterday. He claims that he didn't do anything to cause this, but out of the blue, when he logs in, the admin page has no headers to access anything. And if you click on a link on the home page for a customer or order, it takes you to a message: "Sorry, your security clearance does not allow you to access this resource.
    Please contact your site administrator if you believe this to be incorrect.
    Sorry for any inconvenience."

His web host (Bluehost) did... something, and changed the admin user from Admin to admin. Not sure how they did this or why. It didn't fix the problem.

I found a link that suggested to try changing the admin_id of the admin user to 1, using phpMyAdmin. I did this, and restarted my browser and logged back in, but it didn't help.

I have no idea what else to try. Web search has been unusually fruitless; I get a lot of hits for the error message, but they all seem to be tied to specific plugins and we didn't change anything in the configuration, and (according to the site owner) nothing was installed.

Suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: No access to admin out of the blue

It appears what has happened is that the user's group has been set to a value that does not allow accessing specific admin files. It allows login (which means that the admin's profile is there), but no access.

Typically, the reset to gain full access is through the following FAQ: https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?44

Yes it discusses "forgotten" password, which is not the case here, but it creates a user profile that should have full access to the admin which would also allow changing the user group for the problem login.

What I'm saying is please don't fight me on the applicability of the referenced FAQ. If it doesn't resolve the issue once logged in, then there is another database table that has been modified or corrupted...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

That fix worked, thank you! Was able to delete and add the Admin account, then login as that, change the password, and access is restored. Was expecting much more of a headache. Much appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dalecooper View Post
    That fix worked, thank you! Was able to delete and add the Admin account, then login as that, change the password, and access is restored. Was expecting much more of a headache. Much appreciated.
    Glad that worked, though should keep an eye out for how that got modified, to what data was changed, etc... while it is possible that they modified their permissions themselves, always want to keep an eye out for changes made by "others".
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...