Plugin Contributions

Default free shipping but credit card company need shipping address for fraud control

After updated to zencart 1.5.6b,for free shipping products,it will skip shipping address step and go directly to billing address,but my credit card processing company need shipping address for fraud control,the order could not be created without shipping address information,i do not want to change the product type to product general,but also want to skip the shipping address step,what should i do?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: free shipping but credit card company need shipping address for fraud control

Quote Originally Posted by e-standard View Post
    After updated to zencart 1.5.6b,for free shipping products,it will skip shipping address step and go directly to billing address,but my credit card processing company need shipping address for fraud control,the order could not be created without shipping address information,i do not want to change the product type to product general,but also want to skip the shipping address step,what should i do?
    Something is wrong in this setup. How can an item be shipped for free but not be shipped anywhere? What type of product is this? It sounds like it might be a virtual product which means that the product was not setup correctly regardless the product type.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: free shipping but credit card company need shipping address for fraud control

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Something is wrong in this setup. How can an item be shipped for free but not be shipped anywhere? What type of product is this? It sounds like it might be a virtual product which means that the product was not setup correctly regardless the product type.
    thanks,it is virtual product and i set the product types to product-free shipping,it will skip shipping address..is there anything i can do about it or at least how to not allow it to skip the shipping address step.

Plugin Contributions

thanks,it is virtual product and i set the product types to product-free shipping,it will skip shipping address..is there anything i can do about it or at least how to not allow it to skip the shipping address step.
    Virtual product don't ship. Secondly the product needs to actually be set as a virtual product which is yes, virtual and no, normal shipping rules.

This should properly "set flags" that the purchase is not being shipped and the company should handle that appropriately.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Virtual product don't ship. Secondly the product needs to actually be set as a virtual product which is yes, virtual and no, normal shipping rules.

This should properly "set flags" that the purchase is not being shipped and the company should handle that appropriately.
    Thanks very much,how could i change all the products from Product is Virtual from" Yes, Skip Shipping Address" to "No, Shipping Address Required"in batch?

Plugin Contributions

Thanks very much,how could i change all the products from Product is Virtual from" Yes, Skip Shipping Address" to "No, Shipping Address Required"in batch?
    Yup. With a sql statement entered through the tools->install sql patches area as provided below. Make a backup of the store's database before executing.

Code:
    UPDATE products SET product_is_always_free_shipping = 0 WHERE product_is_virtual = 1 AND product_is_always_free_shipping = 1;