Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1.56-.6B Change Sitemap XML Result File 404 error

Thank you for the great explanation. It resolves the problem of the 404 and everything else seems to work fine.

I made both changes you listed (adding sitemap folder with modified html_header.php and to main_template_vars.php). I tested first on the unmodified site to eliminate any of my template code changes adding a possible problem, it worked so then I went on and modified the actual site and it also worked.

One thing I did notice (but I do not believe it is a problem to worry about) is the zcadditions.com code inserted prints out on the sitemap result page, is it supposed to?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1.56-.6B Change Sitemap XML Result File 404 error

Quote Originally Posted by websmith View Post
    Thank you for the great explanation. It resolves the problem of the 404 and everything else seems to work fine.

I made both changes you listed (adding sitemap folder with modified html_header.php and to main_template_vars.php). I tested first on the unmodified site to eliminate any of my template code changes adding a possible problem, it worked so then I went on and modified the actual site and it also worked.

One thing I did notice (but I do not believe it is a problem to worry about) is the zcadditions.com code inserted prints out on the sitemap result page, is it supposed to?
    Always pays to read an entire post not just about the success at the top. :)

The display of the code on the page has to do with its placement in the file. Since the code is php it should be enclosed in php tags:
    Code:
    <?php // php code in line(s) that follow 
    ?> //html code here
    It's not exactly bad that the code is displayed, but it isn't really good either especially with an outside "reader" trying to understand the importance of that information on the page... it kind of breaks up things...

By the way, I had proposed a ZC code change to possibly catch a problem similar to this for a future release and it can be found: https://github.com/zencart/zencart/pull/2469
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12