Plugin Contributions

Default Blank admin page

We recently attempted an upgrade on https://amishoutfitters.com/catalog/ from Zen Cart version 1.3.9h to 1.5.6b, and when attempting to access the admin page, I get a blank screen. I did some basic troubleshooting before rolling back the site to a backup of the 1.3.9h site and still got the blank admin page. There are no Zen Cart errors generated when accessing the page, and our hosting provider has said that there are no Apache errors either.

I did the upgrade using the instructions included with the download. We are currently using PHP 7.0 (I switched to 5.3 temporarily when rolling back the update). I've tried multiple times to upload clean files to the site, and I've checked multiple times to make sure the paths in the configure.php file are correct. There are no customization to the site beyond text changes on the customer side. The issue seems to be isolated to the admin page, as the rest of the site seems to be functioning normally.

Without any errors I'm at a loss trying to figure out where to start troubleshooting the issue and was hoping for some assistance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Blank admin page

Did you by any chance see any FTP errors when uploading the files? If you was using an FTP client.

Most blank-page page scenarios are a result of a PHP error caused by one or more incorrect code customization's or by bad FTP file uploads (time out, incorrect file size, etc.) If no customization as been done as you described, it is possible that the FTP file uploads corrupted during the process. Reference https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?124-blank-page

How did you upload the files. File Manager (cPanel) or FTP Client such as Filezilla?

Also note, the upgrade process may not have completed as well. if not, it should have displayed errors on the screens during the action.
    PCI Certified Web Hosting - ControlScan, Security Metrics (Platinum Partner), McAfee, TrustKeeper
    Business Class Web Hosting - Linux and cPanel Powered

Plugin Contributions

I used WinSCP for uploading the files and did not run into any errors when performing the upload. There were not any errors during the upgrade process either, and it appeared to have completed successfully.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by JBores View Post
    I used WinSCP for uploading the files and did not run into any errors when performing the upload. There were not any errors during the upgrade process either, and it appeared to have completed successfully.
    With WinSCP are you using FTP or SFTP connections? If you are using SFTP most likely would be "root" and when uploading files with the client, it could have gave the files ownership to root instead of the user (FTP) permissions. Have you check the permissions of the files to insure they are owned by the user and not root? (only if you have have root access)
    PCI Certified Web Hosting - ControlScan, Security Metrics (Platinum Partner), McAfee, TrustKeeper

Plugin Contributions

I have been using SFTP. I don't remember which I account I used to upload the files, however they are showing as being owned by the user, not by root.

Plugin Contributions

What version of MySQL are you using?

I would recommend to backup all your files you uploaded into a temp directory and re-upload a brand new set of Zen Cart files using regular FTP. When I have ran into this issue I either used a FTP client like Filezilla or cPanel file manager to upload the files to terminate possibility it would be the current uploading software I was using.

Merge your two configure.php files into the new files. (DO NOT forget not to delete your
    Code:
    includes/languages/english/html_includes/
    directory if you have files edited for site content) as precaution I would backup the entire file structure you currently uploaded.

Note: 1.5.6b admin/includes/configure.php and includes/configure.php files are a little different from older versions.

See if that fixes your issue. If your server has error reporting turned on there could be "error_log" inside your admin directory. Look for those as well.
    Last edited by knuckle-101; 17 Jun 2019 at 07:18 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by knuckle-101 View Post
    What version of MySQL are you using?

I would recommend to backup all your files you uploaded into a temp directory and re-upload a brand new set of Zen Cart files using regular FTP. When I have ran into this issue I either used a FTP client like Filezilla or cPanel file manager to upload the files to terminate possibility it would be the current uploading software I was using.

Merge your two configure.php files into the new files. (DO NOT forget not to delete your
    Code:
    includes/languages/english/html_includes/
    directory if you have files edited for site content) as precaution I would backup the entire file structure you currently uploaded.

Note: 1.5.6b admin/includes/configure.php and includes/configure.php files are a little different from older versions.

See if that fixes your issue. If your server has error reporting turned on there could be "error_log" inside your admin directory. Look for those as well.
    The clean install of Zen Cart did work as intended, with the admin page displaying. Copying the contents of the clean admin folder to the old site still showed the white screen, however deleting the old admin folder entirely and replacing it with the clean version (plus the old config file) seemed to fix the issue. I'm not entirely sure what the issue was, but presumably it was some kind of permissions issue or some other issue with the admin folder.

Thank you for your assistance!

Plugin Contributions

Happy to be of assistance. Cheers