Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default to accept credit cards via paypal

I am on 1.5.6a and I am trying to add paypal to accept creditcards or use paypal account. I installed the express but it does only the paypal account. also my payment screed shows where you can add the credit card info. I do not want this. how do I remove it. my site is thecottoncabana.com I was hoping to just have paypal for all payment transactions.

thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: to accept credit cards via paypal

First of all, you need to get to 1.5.6b as the a version is very buggy.

Second, you have no say over what your customer can use once they go to PayPal. PayPal presents them with all options just as you should do. We all want to make money, right?

Plugin Contributions

When I tested the 0.01 item, at least once I selected express checkout, I was offered to either sign in or enter credit card payment information. Isn't this what you are asking about?

Otherwise I'm a little confused about what the problem is and what is desired to be different.

Could you please identify on what page you are on in the ZC store where you are seeing something you are not expecting or not wanting? Can you then please explain the discrepancy between what you see and what you want?

There is an option under configuration->credit cards where you can select at least what credit card options should be shown as allowable and I have seen in the past where such options would have an effect on paypal; however, I haven't tested that concept in quite some time.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    First of all, you need to get to 1.5.6b as the a version is very buggy.

Second, you have no say over what your customer can use once they go to PayPal. PayPal presents them with all options just as you should do. We all want to make money, right?
    I could not install that version. so I went to the next lower version. if I do the update, will it mess up the my site now that I have it up. will I lose my setting that I changed and content as well?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    When I tested the 0.01 item, at least once I selected express checkout, I was offered to either sign in or enter credit card payment information. Isn't this what you are asking about?

Otherwise I'm a little confused about what the problem is and what is desired to be different.

Could you please identify on what page you are on in the ZC store where you are seeing something you are not expecting or not wanting? Can you then please explain the discrepancy between what you see and what you want?

There is an option under configuration->credit cards where you can select at least what credit card options should be shown as allowable and I have seen in the past where such options would have an effect on paypal; however, I haven't tested that concept in quite some time.
    I was able to disable the credit card info that I was asking about. thank you. However, after putting in the cc info it requires you to go into paypal and create an account... or it takes you to paypal and makes you log in. Both was will do this, using the checkout button and the express paypal button. is there anyway to remove that option?

Plugin Contributions

After checking some other posts... I found a link to show me how to do this. thank you so much for your time. I had to actually go to the paypal forum as they have changed there site. once I finish the set up I should be good. thanks again for your help. I believe my issue will be resolved.

Plugin Contributions

Note that PayPal may still require the user to create a PayPal account even if the PayPal side of the settings are to permit guest checkout.

There is history to indicate that for some people/use of a specific credit card that they will be asked to create an account possibly after so many uses/purchases through PayPal even if that is the first purchase at a specific vendor...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Paypal is a credit card processor and can handle all of that. I switched to Paypal for all my credit card processing after authorize.net was sold and nothing worked properly any more. They approached me about it at just the right time for me, but you can look on the Paypal website to find out how to switch.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Helene,
    Please see also the Express Checkout support forum:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/forumdispla...eckout-support
    To summarize as well as I am able:
    1. You need to enable the guest checkout in your Papal account (it is called something like optional paypal account creation).
    2. Paypal has many restrictions (see the forums) on actually letting guest check out with a credit card without having a Paypal account. So you will have to contact Paypal to activate this for you (with restrictions most likely being that you and the buyer will be out of protection), and that it may stop working at any time and you will have to ask them to set it again.
    3. If Paypal set this for you to work, it only works on the live account, so you cannot test guest checkout with credit card only, on the sandbox.

IMHO, I think you are mistaken in that Paypal is a credit card processor. As someone already pointed out in the support thread, Paypal is in the business of making money of Paypal transactions going through their system, and they will go everything possible to try to nudge people to use Paypal accounts.

Offering guest account checkout is dependent very much on geographical location (country regulations), and after that on Paypal's own policies.

My personal view, based on extremely limited experience so far, is that Paypal is an excellent (and historically, for me anyway, first choice) option to offer, but it should not be the only credit card payment option on your store.
    Zen Cart 1.5.6c modified to support Japanese language (postage module support work in progress). Upgraded incrementally each version from initial 1.5.5d.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rinboonies2 View Post
    After checking some other posts... I found a link to show me how to do this. thank you so much for your time. I had to actually go to the paypal forum as they have changed there site. once I finish the set up I should be good. thanks again for your help. I believe my issue will be resolved.
    Can you (or someone else) please point me in this direction... PayPal is my credit card merchant and have been since 2010 and their system works for me as my customers can also pay directly into my account.
    Elemi

The Art of Bespoke Aromatherapy
    www.AmorAromatherapy.co.nz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast