Plugin Contributions

Default Top banner bar for webpage...

[Note: remember to include site URL, ZC version, list of plugins, PHP version, etc ... read the Posting Tips shown above for information to include in your post here. And, remove this comment before actually posting!]

Hello,
    I was having a look at addons and forum posts but wasn't seeing something similar to what I needed.

I am thinking of adding a thin banner to the top most part of my page. Probably as the insertion of a png/ jpeg banner.

I have attached an image. At the top part is my current site, I have coloured the top of it RED to show the size and placement that I need.
    The lower part of the image shows another websites example of what I would like. This is shown in BLUE.
    Name:  Untitled-1.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  32.6 KB

Also, is it possible to make different areas of it clickable, say Ihad it split into two small blocks of text that I want to link to 2 different things?

Thank you
    A

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Top banner bar for webpage...

Banner position 1 on the template you are using, Responsive Classic, should display up there.
    To do it and make it appear as two images linking too different location you could either code it as an html banner and make it do that or you could move the banner 2 code up in the tpl_main_page.php file to right after the banner 1 code and then make some css changes to get them to sit side by side and manage them as normal image banners.
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    Ok, that makes sense. I have had them turned off since I started zencart 7 years ago so never used them!
    I dont suppose you can explain to me how to get that top banner 1 working. THe problem is i followed the reverse of what i used to turn them off, turning the on in the Layout Boxes Controler and in the banner manager they are all turned on but I cannot see anything.

I am not sure if this is due to the fact that I have all side box left and right dissabled so that I can go with the particular look that i use?
    Yes it is responsive classic and my address I had not put (even though it is in the image thought I should have done so!) craftjam.co.uk

Thank you
    Amy

Plugin Contributions

I think I have just got it! Thank you, I think that is pretty much what I am looking for!

AMy

Plugin Contributions

Hello,
    I had a look at it on the mobile device, however it is being covered over by the hamburger menu banner.
    Should it not just sit below that?

Thank you
    Amy