Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Mobile version not rendering properly - willing to Pay to get it fixed

1.5.6b PHP 7.3 responsive_ classic template www.dazzlersharmonynecklace.com

Recently built site - I manipulated layout to what I required for PC - has resulted in mobile version not rendering properly - require assistance to correct the issue - willing to pay (placed post in commercial help wanted but still waiting for response).

large 'whitespace' area to the left of all pages - home page scrolls right as well as down, other pages do not scroll right, all content is bunched to one side. Left side boxes are activated, none to the right - no sideboxes are showing. Have changed line 55 in stylesheet.css to .onerow-fluid{width:90% !important;margin:auto;} [was 75%] - changing it back to 75% doesn't change anything.

maybe take a quick look at site on PC then mobile to see the problem or these images may help

So I am looking forward to some responses please

cheers,
    Mike

home page 1
    Attachment 18534

home page 2 scrolled towards right
    Attachment 18535

category page
    Attachment 18536

same category page scrolled down
    Attachment 18537

not a duplicate post - posted here yesterday also but time is of the essence so now willing to pay if need be https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....78#post1359178

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Mobile version not rendering properly - willing to Pay to get it fixed

Does turning the "currencies" sidebox OFF fix the problem?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Mobile version not rendering properly - willing to Pay to get it fixed

Quote Originally Posted by gilby View Post
    Does turning the "currencies" sidebox OFF fix the problem?
    Thanks for responding - unfortunately turning off currencies sidebox didn't fix the problem

attached is sideboxes layout controller settings;

Attachment 18538

Plugin Contributions

The container for the left column is still there (200px wide)
    The contents disappear but the container remains.
    I haven't used that template so I can't offer any other suggestions

Plugin Contributions

Hi - getting this error (missed it earlier on) - does this help anyone?

Code:
    [04-Jul-2019 11:05:07 Australia/Sydney] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to a member function isMobile() on null in /home/xxx/public_html/includes/templates/responsive_classic1/common/main_template_vars.php:32
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/xxx/public_html/index.php(49): require()
    #1 {main}
      thrown in /home/xxx/public_html/includes/templates/responsive_classic1/common/main_template_vars.php on line 32

[04-Jul-2019 11:05:07 Australia/Sydney] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=sitemapxml&rebuild=yes, IP address: 203.63.88.122
    --> PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function isMobile() on null in /home/xxx/public_html/includes/templates/responsive_classic1/common/main_template_vars.php:32
    Stack trace:
    #1 {main}
      thrown in /home/xxx/public_html/includes/templates/responsive_classic1/common/main_template_vars.php on line 32.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    Hi - getting this error (missed it earlier on) - does this help anyone?

Code:
    [04-Jul-2019 11:05:07 Australia/Sydney] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to a member function isMobile() on null in /home/xxx/public_html/includes/templates/responsive_classic1/common/main_template_vars.php:32
    Stack trace:
    #1 {main}
      thrown in /home/xxx/public_html/includes/templates/responsive_classic1/common/main_template_vars.php on line 32

[04-Jul-2019 11:05:07 Australia/Sydney] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=sitemapxml&rebuild=yes, IP address: 203.63.88.122
    --> PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function isMobile() on null in /home/xxx/public_html/includes/templates/responsive_classic1/common/main_template_vars.php:32
    Stack trace:
    #1 {main}
      thrown in /home/xxx/public_html/includes/templates/responsive_classic1/common/main_template_vars.php on line 32.
    please IGNORE the error - it was related to an issue with sitemapxml

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gilby View Post
    The container for the left column is still there (200px wide)
    The contents disappear but the container remains.
    I haven't used that template so I can't offer any other suggestions
    Thanks Gilby - yes that seems to be the issue - mobile versions will not normally show the sideboxes by default, have the menu tab at the top instead - something is not telling the responsive template to remove that container.

So thanks for that observation - hopefully someone else will have an answer.

cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

So I have fixed everything .... except menu doesn't work

Plugin Contributions

I would be curious as to the changes you have made to the responsive classic template. I did get to see it yesterday before you turned off the left column completely or removed the column code and I wonder why there is a wrapping table around the main content area and the side columns and center content area are table cells when that table doesn't exist in the responsive classic template. It "feels" like tpl_main_page is being loaded from the template default rather than loading from the override in the responsive classic template. I suspect that this site has gone through so many iterations that the template is probably a bit of a mess and things are either missing or have been pulled in from other versions of previous templates.

While I was considering my reply you have come back and said you fixed it, but the wrapping table still exists, so I have to assume you just went into the code and ripped out that column, which shouldn't have existed in the first place. So the underlying problem still exists, that the wrong tpl_main_page is being used or you added that wrapping table for some reason, though I can't fathom why.
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by barco57 View Post
    I would be curious as to the changes you have made to the responsive classic template. I did get to see it yesterday before you turned off the left column completely or removed the column code and I wonder why there is a wrapping table around the main content area and the side columns and center content area are table cells when that table doesn't exist in the responsive classic template. It "feels" like tpl_main_page is being loaded from the template default rather than loading from the override in the responsive classic template. I suspect that this site has gone through so many iterations that the template is probably a bit of a mess and things are either missing or have been pulled in from other versions of previous templates.

While I was considering my reply you have come back and said you fixed it, but the wrapping table still exists, so I have to assume you just went into the code and ripped out that column, which shouldn't have existed in the first place. So the underlying problem still exists, that the wrong tpl_main_page is being used or you added that wrapping table for some reason, though I can't fathom why.
    Hi Barco,

Many thanks for replying. There were a couple of issues that I found;
    1. in admin/configuration/layout_settings I had column_left_global switched on - switching it off solved that whitespace issue (used this setting on on a Picaflur Azul template to remove side boxes from main page with no issues in mobile version)
    2. had some scripts on main page that were configured to set widths rather than percentages - they use <div class="row"><div class="column"> - these worked fine on westminster new (and still do on a couple of other sites in 1.5.5f) but didn't want to 'adjust' in 1.5.6b responsive classic.

So yes it was very messy and is still not 'clean' but it is functional enough EXCEPT now the menu doesn't work and I have no idea who what how where or why (any help would be gratefully received) - not being a coder I fumble my way through. I'm not sure what you mean by the wrapping table?

Again many thanks for your interest and any suggestions you have will be very much appreciated.

cheers,
    Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast