Plugin Contributions

Default Missing ZenCart Order paid with PayPal Standard

I have found a one off - missing ZenCart Order from a customer - that has occurred since upgrading to version 1.5.6a.
    PayPal has received the payment and all of the details - however nothing is registered in the ZenCart database,
    In the ZenCart database I can see the customer details - name/address etc - however no order details and nothing in the cart.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Missing ZenCart Order

What method of paypal payment is or was in use?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I have PAYPAL website standard enabled in debug mode, and I have PayPal express checkout also in debug mode..

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by konmanos View Post
    I have PAYPAL website standard enabled in debug mode, and I have PayPal express checkout also in debug mode..
    Which method was used when the problem occurred? Or conversely which method has been successful?

Plugin Contributions

In relation to what was used for this to occur - I am not sure - is there any way I can tell from the PayPal transaction? In terms of what is working.. again, I am not entirely sure of the two above - how can I tell the difference and I will be able to tell you.. Thanks in advance

Plugin Contributions

From what I understand the PayPal Express is used and successful, as the payment is processed at the PayPal website - and then returned to our website - (ZenCart) for order confirmation - at which time the order is created and all of the alerts (emails) are sent back and forth to us and the customer.

Plugin Contributions

In relation to what was used for this to occur - I am not sure - is there any way I can tell from the PayPal transaction? In terms of what is working.. again, I am not entirely sure of the two above - how can I tell the difference and I will be able to tell you.. Thanks in advance
    The indication of success and module used should be available when reviewing the orders page of the admin where the payment module used should be reported. Of course the problem becomes like in this case where an order is not recorded, that information is not available on the orders page. It would then be considered that the information of the payment module attempted might be available in the payment debug log where the payment processed would not amatch to an order. That of course assumes that a log is to be generated for each attempted transaction, not just when a problem response is received from paypal.

From what I understand the PayPal Express is used and successful, as the payment is processed at the PayPal website - and then returned to our website - (ZenCart) for order confirmation - at which time the order is created and all of the alerts (emails) are sent back and forth to us and the customer.
    Sum in total, the standard paypal method does tend to experience this type of problem as a result of timing between the two servers and potentially the email system as historically a problem with sending the email could cause the order information to not be made/remain with the purchase within ZC. The issue described tends to be one reason that paypal express is the preferred/recommended method of payment.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your detailed response.. Should I then turn off and disable PayPal Standard - to avoid such issues? What I have done is TURN off PayPal Standard and only PayPal Express is running.. Thanks
    Last edited by konmanos; 10 Jul 2019 at 11:22 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Yes, you should only have Express OR Standard installed. Not both. In fact, for several years ZC has prevented you from installing both if one is already installed.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.