Plugin Contributions

Default Responsive Admin doesn't show Vital information on Ipad

Hi,

I have searched the forum but didn't find anyone with the same problem, so here it is.

We recently upgraded from v.1.39f to v1.5.6. I see that the Default template for Admin is Responsive Classic, which was okay by me until I urgently needed to place an order while on holidays and couldn't see the detailed information when I click on Catagorie Product Listing (eg stock available, Price etc.) on my iPad. In v1.3.9 this was not an issue, I could view "all" product details when I clicked on the category.

Reason why I need this and ask is - Every month I have a PRE-ORDER running where I have a alot of products with high quantities in my shop. After the pre-order is finished, I need to place an order for the sold items, but if I am travelling and only have my iPad with me, this information is not visible anymore. I can't see what is sold anymore, unless I click on each single product… this is extremely time consuming and difficult. It means that without a Desktop or Laptop I am not able to process any orders while travelling.

So, is there something I can do to change this on the Admin Responsive template, or is there a template that we can use that Shows "all" the details? I know that Google and co expects us all to use Responsive, but at least as Admin I should be able to see everything on a smart device. Until we upgraded, this was never an issue.

Frontend I am still using my old (non-responsive) template.

Hard to explain, so here are printscreens.

thank you for your help.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4286.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	18547Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Img_4287.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	18548

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Responsive Admin doesn't show Vital information on Ipad

There were a bunch of changes going from zc139f to zc156b, so something might have gotten "lost" in your upgrade.

Are there any myDEBUG-adm-*.log files present in the site's /logs directory?

Plugin Contributions

It's not a bug, depending on the screen width certain information is not displayed, and IMHO it was done a bit to aggressive.
    opening YOUR_ADMIN\category_product_listing.php in a text-editor, and replacing all the "hidden-md hidden-sm hidden-xs" with "hidden-sm hidden-xs" will solve your problem on a tablet.
    Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    There were a bunch of changes going from zc139f to zc156b, so something might have gotten "lost" in your upgrade.

Are there any myDEBUG-adm-*.log files present in the site's /logs directory?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Design75 View Post
    It's not a bug, depending on the screen width certain information is not displayed, and IMHO it was done a bit to aggressive.
    opening YOUR_ADMIN\category_product_listing.php in a text-editor, and replacing all the "hidden-md hidden-sm hidden-xs" with "hidden-sm hidden-xs" will solve your problem on a tablet.
    Great, thanks for your Reply.

I found it, there are several. Did I understand correctly that I am to remove the "hidden-md" and just leave the "hidden-sm hidden-xs" ?

Plugin Contributions

Yes, that way the info will still be hidden on small (phone) screens. If you remove all the hidden tags, info will be shown at all times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
    Great, thanks for your Reply.

I found it, there are several. Did I understand correctly that I am to remove the "hidden-md" and just leave the "hidden-sm hidden-xs" ?

Plugin Contributions

Brilliant - fixed. Thank you so much!!

Plugin Contributions

Note that there had been this issue raised in github: https://github.com/zencart/zencart/issues/1979
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

@Zen4All, did you wanna do a PR with those adjustments, and link it to the 1979 GH issue?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.