Plugin Contributions

Default Item showing twice (or more)

I just switched from responsive Sheffield -Blue template to Zencart 1.56b responsive-classic. The only reason for the switch was that the old template wouldn't work with PHP 7.

I've run into a few problems
    1. When I click on a manufacturers name (I renamed it artisans) the items from that manufacturer show up fine. But if I also have that item linked in another category, the item will show twice. I didn't have that happen with the old template. I really don't want to go back and delink hundreds of items.

2. I can't get the image, item name, price, model # etc of the product to line up horizontally with the table. The information for the item is listed vertically.

3. In trying to change colors I've run into a problem. I wanted the category listing (menu on the left) to have a darker color but when I do that, the bars on the mobile are too dark and can't be seen. Also the checkout link becomes very dark. Is there a way to make the color changes separate

My website is spminiatures.com

Thanks for any help.

Carol

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Item showing twice (or more)

For the first issue, you'll need to modify /includes/index_filters/default_filter.php, line 51:
    Code:
    $listing_sql = "SELECT " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.products_type, p.master_categories_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, pd.products_description,
    to add the DISTINCT clause:
    Code:
    $listing_sql = "SELECT DISTINCT " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.products_type, p.master_categories_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, pd.products_description,
    I'll be submitting a PR to the Zen Cart GitHub repository to correct the issue.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    For the first issue, you'll need to modify /includes/index_filters/default_filter.php, line 51:
    Code:
    $listing_sql = "SELECT " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.products_type, p.master_categories_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, pd.products_description,
    to add the DISTINCT clause:
    Code:
    $listing_sql = "SELECT DISTINCT " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.products_type, p.master_categories_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, pd.products_description,
    I'll be submitting a PR to the Zen Cart GitHub repository to correct the issue.
    I tried putting the "distinct" word in and that eliminated all the manufacturer items. I took the easy way out and uploaded the old page from 1.55a and that worked.
    I haven't tried your solution to my second issue. In the sheffield blue template that I had been using the image, price, model etc lined up under the table heading. I may try to use the page from that template and hope it doesn't break the site.
    Thanks for your help. Much appreciated
    Carol

Plugin Contributions

As far as template colors (item 3), the CSS of the responsive_classic has several items tied together in many places. I don't have the link readily available, but there was a plugin/template that redid the CSS so that it could be more independently revised. Of course, could provide override type changes that load after the existing assignment so that the color changes could be more targeted.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks.
    Carol

Plugin Contributions

Default Another somewhat minor but annoying issue with 1.56b

I was using Sheffield blue before switching to Classic-responsive 1.56b so I don't know if this is a general issue with the template or with my setup of it.

After changing from Sheffield blue to Classic-responsive I can no longer see the status buttons for the catagory listings in admin on my phone. It's very helpful to me not to have to go to my computer to turn on a subcategory (long story as to why).
    Is this a bug or is this the way it always was? Is it fixable
    Thanks

Carol

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Another somewhat minor but annoying issue with 1.56b

Perhaps you can describe the situation a little better. What do you not see when you click/tap on the hamburger that you want to see?

The color mod is in my sig.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by spminis View Post
    I was using Sheffield blue before switching to Classic-responsive 1.56b so I don't know if this is a general issue with the template or with my setup of it.

After changing from Sheffield blue to Classic-responsive I can no longer see the status buttons for the catagory listings in admin on my phone. It's very helpful to me not to have to go to my computer to turn on a subcategory (long story as to why).
    Is this a bug or is this the way it always was? Is it fixable
    Thanks

Carol
    Admin side view is not dependent on catalog side template. This is something associated with ZC 1.5.6 where many of the admin view columns had a "hidden" class added to them so that for various views (pretty much anything that has either zoomed in or has a small screen resolution) would not be able to see many of the fields.

At least three such html tags added are: hidden-sm hidden-md hidden-lg. Can either remove them from the associated php file or modify the css to not hide them...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Admin side view is not dependent on catalog side template. This is something associated with ZC 1.5.6 where many of the admin view columns had a "hidden" class added to them so that for various views (pretty much anything that has either zoomed in or has a small screen resolution) would not be able to see many of the fields.

At least three such html tags added are: hidden-sm hidden-md hidden-lg. Can either remove them from the associated php file or modify the css to not hide them...
    That worked! Thanks so much! I modified the admin/category_product_listing.php file.

Carol