Thread: Deposit Reports

Plugin Contributions

Default Deposit Reports

I am having a hard time matching up my daily sales and what funds were actually deposited into our banking account. Is there a report that shows what was deposited into my bank account each day?

Thanks for the help!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Deposit Reports

Quote Originally Posted by cmcghehey View Post
    I am having a hard time matching up my daily sales and what funds were actually deposited into our banking account. Is there a report that shows what was deposited into my bank account each day?

Thanks for the help!
    Glad you've taken the opportunity to reach out and ask a question. A few things though about seeking assistance. It helps others to help you by identifying the conditions currently in use.

This thread identifies that your version of Zen Cart is 1.2.x which is an ancient version. Seeing that you recently joined, it could be true if you recently took over for someone else, but also could be false if you have just setup your store. Neither of those is identified. Also in knowing what version is currently in use can help identify which software can be suggested to work out-of-the-box or if perhaps an update is needed to address the concerns.

Generally, all of that can be addressed by answering the posting tip questions that appear above the message area when initiating a new question or as you'll find out when replying to a message.

Then there's the more specific issue(s) of how money is collected/provided to the bank account...

As far as I've seen, there isn't a "bank account" tracking module. Ie. Where the bank account is specifically monitored. Even with payment processors such as PayPal, the general response information is that the payment has been collected by PayPal, but doesn't really give a "money is in your account" response from within Zen Cart...

This leads one to having to do the accounting that it appears you are interested in doing. There is the sales portion, then the money collected, and then the money deposited... For example, a product may be sold, but the payment method is check/money order. Until that money is collected, it is generally advised that the product not be sent. Then if by PayPal, well there is the amount collected, but there is a fee associated which is removed from the total collected. Then PayPal may deposit all funds at once or one at a time to said bank account or may withhold them until a certain balance is achieved. (ok, maybe PayPal doesn't do all of that, but the options by the processor might exist and should be considered in the accounting aspect.)

All of that said, the question asked/concept sought may also kick off the development of something more helpful than what currently exists.

So... if you could, please help yourself by addressing the posting tips and identifying the current setup regarding the payment method(s) currently in use at a minimum.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...