Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default Smart Characters And Timeouts

Previous carts I've created have recognized "smart" characters and displayed them properly on the finished webpages. Also there was one version that allowed me to bypass the 15 minute timeout, which was VERY useful!! How can I add these features into the cart I'm currently working on? Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Smart Characters And Timeouts

Quote Originally Posted by DK_Scully View Post
    Previous carts I've created have recognized "smart" characters and displayed them properly on the finished webpages. Also there was one version that allowed me to bypass the 15 minute timeout, which was VERY useful!! How can I add these features into the cart I'm currently working on? Thank you!
    Do you mean how to incorporate features of newer versions of Zen Cart into older version? I would call that to do an upgrade of the store. To what character encoding/symbols are you referring to regarding "smart" characters? The template also plays a factor in correct display. If the site is really 1.5.1, then it may have been upgraded from a previous version and the template not upgraded in parallel with it.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

The timeout is under Configuration >> MyStore

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    The timeout is under Configuration >> MyStore
    The option to disable the timeout for the admin wasn't available until ZC 1.5.2 (not released for production use). The configuration_description says: PA-DSS Compliance requires that any Admin login sessions expire after 15 minutes of inactivity. <strong>Disabling this makes your site NON-COMPLIANT with PA-DSS rules, thus invalidating any certification.</strong>

ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    The option to disable the timeout for the admin wasn't available until ZC 1.5.2 (not released for production use). The configuration_description says: PA-DSS Compliance requires that any Admin login sessions expire after 15 minutes of inactivity. <strong>Disabling this makes your site NON-COMPLIANT with PA-DSS rules, thus invalidating any certification.</strong>

Trust me, it's worth being out of compliance (for whatever difference that really makes) for the convenience of not having to log in again all the time...and redo all the work I was doing...because the stupid thing timed out while I was fixing all the errors caused by my other issue, having to correct all the "smart" punctuation (that's what Word calls it, anyway...I have my own opinion...) to straight ASCII text in this particular shopping cart.

So if I upgrade to the newest version (gulp!) that will give me the option of disabling the timeout?

Plugin Contributions

Google Increasing the Admin timeout in Zen Cart

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Do you mean how to incorporate features of newer versions of Zen Cart into older version? I would call that to do an upgrade of the store. To what character encoding/symbols are you referring to regarding "smart" characters? The template also plays a factor in correct display. If the site is really 1.5.1, then it may have been upgraded from a previous version and the template not upgraded in parallel with it.
    This is a perfect example of how "smart quotes" (quotations and other punctuation that aren't pure ASCII) display using the Preston Elite template on version 1.51:

€œHello?€ she called, entering the house. €œAnyone home?€

The other carts I've created don't do that; the quotes come through as real quotation marks, etc.

Updating a shopping cart always scares the daylights out of me. I'm never sure I'm doing it right, and the consequences if I get even one tiny thing wrong are too horrible to consider.