Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default We have detected that your browser does not support cookies

Hello, using ZC v1.5.5e, PHP 5.6.40, site: australianbakerycafe.com

Our users report, and we have confirmed on multiple browser and PC, that suddenly but sporatically visitors get the error message "We have detected that your browser does not support cookies, or cookies have been disabled." People cannot order, and cannot login.

I have confirmed the same on IE, Firefox, Chrome and Opera, and three different PCs. I have ensured that cookies are allowed by browser settings, and even gone so far as to explicitly allow cookies from our domain, to no avail. I have disabled all ad blockers on the browsers as I have troubleshot the problem.

I've read many forum posts discussing this issue, but there does not seem to be a definitive solution. I read that force cookie use = true sometime fixes it, but that using that also indicates that there is a configuration error, but what those errors might be are not explained. I tried it, it did not fix my problem, and I set it back to false.

Site has been running for years, and no changes made to it recently other than product changes (product, prices, etc.) No configuration changes.

I need to get to the bottom of this. People will give up and we'll loose sales, if we have not already.

What do you suggest, please?

Thanks very much.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: We have detected that your browser does not support cookies

Has the hosting company made changes? I visited and could not the issue on your site.
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

I contacted hosting company. No changes were made to my account or to my server configuration. Hosting tech support was able to confirm the behaviour described.

What I need to do now is disable Z-C checking for cookies. How can I disable that?

Thanks,

Greg

Plugin Contributions

Cookies are necessary, I again cannot reproduce the behavior. Perhaps change the message to please enable cookies. Less that we could try to look at the function and see if it is in error perhaps.

Search under Tools >> Developers Toolkit >> last option for the exact phrase that you get and lets see where and what this function is. I ask this because template monster templates are not exactly correct in most things. Files are not properly upgraded and such.
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

FWIW, I was able to reproduce the issue running FireFox. Navigate to australianbakerycafe.com, pick a product type from the dropdown menu and try to add a product to the cart.

There's an auto-redirect to https://australianbakerycafe.com, presumably in the site's root .htaccess. Is the site installed in the root of the hosted account, or is it present in a sub-directory?

Plugin Contributions

I ran across the same thing at one point using php 5.6. Upgrading to php 7.0 seemed to fix things.

When I tried to add a product to the cart I received a session timed out response.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

mprough -- I agree that cookies are necessary. I'm just suggesting turning off the function within the site that checks and return the erroneous message that the browser is not allowing cookies. Changing the message won't fix the problem that the site mistakenly believes that the visitors browser is not accepting cookies and will not allow them to login, or check out.

Lat9 - Yes, the site is installed at the root of public_html. Our primary domain, and the one for which we have an SSL certif is australianbakerycafe.com. Our customers know us as simply australianbakery.com, so we forward that domain to the primary.

mc - I'll try an upgrade of PHP. My hosting provider offers 7.0 - 7.3. Any suggestion for a particular version, or simply the latest?

Thanks all!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by greg_beyer View Post
    mprough -- I agree that cookies are necessary. I'm just suggesting turning off the function within the site that checks and return the erroneous message that the browser is not allowing cookies. Changing the message won't fix the problem that the site mistakenly believes that the visitors browser is not accepting cookies and will not allow them to login, or check out.

Lat9 - Yes, the site is installed at the root of public_html. Our primary domain, and the one for which we have an SSL certif is australianbakerycafe.com. Our customers know us as simply australianbakery.com, so we forward that domain to the primary.

mc - I'll try an upgrade of PHP. My hosting provider offers 7.0 - 7.3. Any suggestion for a particular version, or simply the latest?

Thanks all!
    That's what I was asking for you to locate the function so we can see if it's a Zen Cart issue or a Template monster issue, I suspect the latter.
    For 1.5.5E I suggest PHP 7.1.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mprough View Post
    That's what I was asking for you to locate the function so we can see if it's a Zen Cart issue or a Template monster issue, I suspect the latter.
    Good catch, @mprough, I didn't do a view-source to see the template being used.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mprough View Post
    I was going to suggest 7.0 for initial testing of this issue considering also not to the latest version of ZC 1.5.5 in case there were any changes needing to be made to fully support 7.1. Generally speaking the latest that is supported by the software should be used and that would be 7.1 as mprough said. Any php version higher and will likely throw warnings and notices which are addressed in 1.5.6 and beyond.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast