Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Order Status Email recently not sending (no copy or customer getting notification)

Hello there. Hoping somebody might be able to give me some pointers please, I have a weird issue that I have spent hours trying to solve. I am on 1.56c zencart, suddenly I have noticed order status emails are not sending either as a copy or to the customer. It has become a problem this week as the custom software I use sends out a despatch email with tracking etc, but I can see the last time a status update was sent was 17th July.That software expired this week (bad timing!) and am waiting for the resubscription to go through.
    I can confirm I am enabling customer to be notified, and the status is from 'processing' to 'despatch'.

I have checked admin files order.php and email_functions and seems the same. I also at the start of this week had a spam hack of one of my webmail on one account, and the scan found a few affected files but only one zencart file which I replaced. The other files were unrelated on the server.

I am just thinking if this is something to do with the spam hack, or have I knocked something during the last zencart update / some other alteration? Though all other order confirmations and other emails are working okay. Thanks in advance for any help or if somebody has noticed something similar before.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Order Status Email recently not sending (no copy or customer getting notification

That was "my bad"; correction supplied here (by @swguy): https://github.com/zencart/zencart/c...56f07543b04f8d

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Order Status Email recently not sending (no copy or customer getting notification

Wasn't this fixed in v1.56c release? (at least in my copy it was) - which is the version @HeathenMagic is using.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate that. I think my file was the corrected version, so must be something else stopping my order status. Its one of those weeks this week! lol. So it could be the spam hack thing, its a real mystery. So I guess I have looked at all 3 files that control order status, including the functions_osh that lat9 kindly alerted me too.

Plugin Contributions

There is a suggestion to 'Try enabling the Email Archiving feature' mentioned in this FAQ

https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...ved-or-sending

that might give a pointer.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by simon1066 View Post
    There is a suggestion to 'Try enabling the Email Archiving feature' mentioned in this FAQ

https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...ved-or-sending

that might give a pointer.
    Thanks Simon for taking time to reply! I do have email archive, which I find great to use. Unfortunately its not showing them there, but I have checked there as it is a good tip. I think maybe it this spam hack, very strange how other store emails are okay.

Plugin Contributions

Had server people look into and no blocks or remnants of a hack from a scan left. I am just wondering if there was another typo somewhere in the fileset? I did download the 1.55c zip package as soon as I got the notification of release, perhaps a fixed version was uploaded to download site at a later date?

Plugin Contributions

In your initial post, @HeathenMagic, you indicated that you'd replaced a file ... which file was that?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    In your initial post, @HeathenMagic, you indicated that you'd replaced a file ... which file was that?
    Hello there,

It was actually a file from 'products with attributes stock' module, so not part of stock install. Thats the only one on the list that seems to be zencart related, everything else was outside of the zencart file structure.

Plugin Contributions

Name:  Screenshot_2019-08-08 Admin Orders.png
Views: 150
Size:  482 Bytes

Hello there,
    I just noticed I get the 'padlock' symbol above, tooltip says 'visible'. This is in the 'customer notified column', I have tick to notify .

I asked server people to login and I gave them the steps to update order, and in exim logs they say " 535 Incorrect authentication data". But the password is correct and I am getting all other emails.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast