Plugin Contributions

Default v156b PHP Warning: mysqli_connect(): (HY000/2002): Connection refused

I tried searching but could find no reference to my particular error. Periodically I'm getting a PHP warning debug log with the following info: (sensitive directories & IP x-ed out)

Code:
    [21-Aug-2019 10:18:11 EST5EDT] Request URI:  /index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2070&cPath=34_39,  IP address: XX.XX.xx.xxx
    #1  mysqli_connect() called at [/usr/home/XXX/public_html/XXX/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:64]
    #2  queryFactory->connect() called at  [/usr/home/XXX/public_html/XXX/includes/init_includes/init_database.php:24]
    #3   require(/usr/home/XXX/public_html/XXX/includes/init_includes/init_database.php)  called at  [/usr/home/XXX/public_html/XXX/includes/autoload_func.php:48]
    #4   require(/usr/home/XXX/public_html/XXX/includes/autoload_func.php)  called at  [/usr/home/XXXl/public_html/XXX/includes/application_top.php:170]
    #5   require(/usr/home/XXX/public_html/XXX/includes/application_top.php)  called at [/usr/homeXXX/public_html/XXX/index.php:26]
    --> PHP Warning: mysqli_connect(): (HY000/2002): Connection refused  in  /usr/home/XXXl/public_html/XXX/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php  on line 64.
    I'm at a loss as to where to start with fixing this. I do use USU-3.0.1 for SEO Urls

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: v156b PHP Warning: mysqli_connect(): (HY000/2002): Connection refused

When I've seen these logs on my site, it's been due to script-kiddies "hitting" on the site. Take the IP address indicated when the error is logged and add it to your site's .htaccess "deny" list.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: v156b PHP Warning: mysqli_connect(): (HY000/2002): Connection refused

Thanks! I had my who's online database table completely crash over the weekend (thankfully a simple PHPMyAdmin repair worked) and over 19,000 debug logs so that would fall in with a suspected DDOS or some other hack attempt. I just really was at a loss as to why that warning would show up randomly.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gwynwyffar View Post
    Thanks! I had my who's online database table completely crash over the weekend (thankfully a simple PHPMyAdmin repair worked) and over 19,000 debug logs so that would fall in with a suspected DDOS or some other hack attempt. I just really was at a loss as to why that warning would show up randomly.
    Because even script-kiddies need to sleep?