Plugin Contributions

Default Transfer wesite to new server

i am running 1.51 with php5.9 and upgrading (From scratch) to 1.55f php 7.1 mariadb what is the best way to get my site to this new server-specifically phpmyadmin?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Transfer wesite to new server

Do both the old and the new have cpanel? If so, it's pretty simple. Cpanel can transfer from server to server and is pretty reliable.

Make sure you have looked at https://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3...d-of-upgrading for guidance.

Rethink 1.5.5f for 1.5.6c. We've been impressed with c and it's increase in load speed alone.

Last resort on the phpMyAdmin. Open phpMyAdmin, click the plus in front of the database you need to copy. Then, click on export. Select SQL format and click on Go.

Plugin Contributions

My favorite way to pull the database is using the MySQL Backup mod. Create backup, download to your computer, import on new host. (Be sure to put the site into maintenance mode as soon as you begin this process, of course.)

https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=7
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jimmie View Post
    i am running 1.51 with php5.9 and upgrading (From scratch) to 1.55f php 7.1 mariadb what is the best way to get my site to this new server-specifically phpmyadmin?
    And my additional 2 cents:

Here is generically the recommended approach: https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...fferent-server

Thing is, it is generally suggested to do one or the other actions, not both of moving elsewhere and upgrading. Upgrading by rebuilding is suggested (similar to the move your making but when going to another platform there can be some things that are quirky.) The recommended upgrade instruction is: http://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3-...d-of-upgrading

Make backups of everything. If you want to just stay in business and out right drop your current host then suggest to install ZC to the new host to have the minimal software changes to support actually selling your product, then setup a development site/location to incorporate the other changes desired and practice the upgrade/process to be sure it can go without a hitch.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Whatever method you choose.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Rethink 1.5.5f for 1.5.6c. We've been impressed with c and it's increase in load speed alone.

I am moving to a new server. Servers have same configuration. I copied both database and files to new server. Every time I try to open on new server it redirects me to the old server. I have changed URL in includes/configure.php and also in shopkeeper/includes/configure.php. Searched the database for the old domain name and all files looking for where the old domain name is causing it to redirect.

Any idea what I am missing?

I am running ZenCart v1.5.6c

Plugin Contributions

You changed your hoster AND your domain name?
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

new server brings nameservers to mind. If your domain is not pointing to the correct nameserver, that can be your problem.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by NCRS 1962 View Post
    I am moving to a new server. Servers have same configuration. I copied both database and files to new server. Every time I try to open on new server it redirects me to the old server. I have changed URL in includes/configure.php and also in shopkeeper/includes/configure.php. Searched the database for the old domain name and all files looking for where the old domain name is causing it to redirect.

Any idea what I am missing?
    - Domain nameservers are not setup to point the new domain at the new site.

- Both admin/live configure.php files may not be overwriting on the server with the new domain/site path updates - at times the server/ftp client won't overwrite the permissions for these two files. To correct, delete the two configure files from the new server (ensure you have them backed up) test each in your browser, then upload the updated configure.php files.

- You may have a 301 site redirect in your cPanel/domain/hosting management or a 302 site redirect running.

- Domain and server updates may not have propagated or your browser cache/cookies need to be cleared.

- Database details user/password also need to be updated with the new server security.

- You typed something wrong.
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base7 with Wholesale PRO - 88 preinstalled plugins zero errors.