Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

red flag homepage adjustments

Greeting All, Im really struggling here over a few issues.. Iv followed and acted on other threads but im just not winning.. iv searched and read through sooo many posts..

Website www.theyorkshirebeeswaxcandlecompany.co.uk
    zencart VER v1.5.6b

Im trying to remove the LOGO area but keep the search icon on the mobile look and the links on a PC look if that makes sense.. Please see images below

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail_image1.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	18644

here is a PC Desktop look
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pclook.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	18645

I would very much appreciate all help and hopefully some fab person is going to give me step by step instructions

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: homepage adjustments

Just a quick update... iv now removed it from the desktop site.. its just now the removal on the phone browser, thanks

Plugin Contributions

sorry to keep posting..

iv now found the mobile file
    includes/templates/westminster_new/common/tpl_header_mobile.php

when i delete

<div id="logo"><?php echo '<a href="' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . '">' . zen_image($template->get_template_dir(HEADER_LOGO_IMAGE, DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'images'). '/' . HEADER_LOGO_IMAGE, HEADER_ALT_TEXT) . '</a>'; ?>
    </div>

it removes the 3 little lines which is my product menu... any help? i want to keep that

Plugin Contributions

i have also lost allot of the mobile button as you can see from my images above..

Plugin Contributions

So I just tried to access the site from my mobile device and was confronted with a message that the site would be open soon. So, I can really advise much on the effects. The only reason I could see an issue with removing the mobile code from post 3 is that perhaps there was some sort of javascript expecting to attach to the div with id="logo"... so may want to just remove the content between the opening and closing div tags...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

the link is

www.theyorkshirebeeswaxcandlecompany.co.uk/store

Many thank!! Do you know how to do this.. the link above should work

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedBird3654 View Post
    the link is

www.theyorkshirebeeswaxcandlecompany.co.uk/store

Many thank!! Do you know how to do this.. the link above should work
    The above link did not have /store.

Anyway, it's seldom a good idea to try to change the look of a site by deleting code. The code is often very important and multi-functional in that, removing a portion of code may well impact more than you bargained for. In this case, your menu for the mobile version probably got lost in the shuffle.

Since you are wanting to change the look, the better place to do that is in the stylesheet. If you look at your site's main page in the page source, we see
    Code:
    <!--bof-header logo and navigation display--><div id="headerWrapper" class="">
    <div id="top-wrapper">
    <!--bof-navigation display-->
    <div class="onerow-fluid ">
    <div id="navMainWrapper">
    <div id="navMain">
    <ul class="back">
    <li class="h-login"><a href="http://theyorkshirebeeswaxcandlecompany.co.uk/store/index.php?main_page=login"><i class="fa fa-user" title="Login"></i>Log In</a></li>
    <li><a href="http://theyorkshirebeeswaxcandlecompany.co.uk/store/index.php?main_page=shopping_cart"><i class="fa fa-shopping-cart" title="Shopping Cart"></i>0  - &pound;0.00</a></li>
    <li><a href="http://theyorkshirebeeswaxcandlecompany.co.uk/store/index.php?main_page=checkout_shipping"><i class="fa fa-check-square-o" title="Checkout"></i><span class="header-checkout">Checkout</span></a></li>
    </ul>
    </div>
    </div>
    <!--eof-navigation display-->
    Note that the header logo and navigation display is probably where you removed code. The eof for that section is missing and you'll note that is mentions logo AND navigation.

If you return all the code to it's original state, you can probably just go to the stylesheet and tell the #logoWrapper to not display by adding
    Code:
    #logoWrapper{display:none;}
    to the bottom of your stylesheet or create stylesheet_zcustom.css and add the line to it. This will stop the logo from showing up on any screens without having the menu problem. And, you'll know which stylesheet all your changes are in.

<disclaimer>I am not familiar with the Winchester New template. It may have a different designation for the the logoWrapper div. Adjust accordingly. </disclaimer>
    Last edited by dbltoe; 7 Sep 2019 at 07:01 PM. Reason: add stylesheet

Plugin Contributions

How do I get the navigation bag back in full view tho.. sorry if I’m acting thick here.. I do feel it..

So if I do that code work you mentioned that will remove the logo.. going to try it over the next view days, really appreciate your help, thank you

Plugin Contributions

I tried changing this and didn’t work.. the menu bar didn’t go back to full view .. any other tips.. your help is very much appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

A standard installation of this template has a logoWrapper and logo div. What you currently have is so far from that that it is much harder to do the method I proposed earlier.

Unless you revert to the initial load of Westminster New, you will have adjust core code. And that's what got you in the predicament to begin with.

It's not unusual, you're not the first, and certainly won't be the last. "I know how to code" is a lot like "I know how to drive". Maybe, maybe not. It's hard not to "jump into" the code. However, it's seldom required to get the result you're looking for.

display:none for the logo will get rid of the logo, but your current version has the logo in a row fluid versus a wrapper. This creates a blank line that may or may not be what you wanted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast