Plugin Contributions

Default Forum Section for Commercial Modules

I think a section for Commercial Modules would be a positive thing.

1) People get to see what else is available apart from the plugins section....it would be an outlet for the various developers here who provide a lot of free code and support.
    2) Most important: people get to see how problematical a module is, and how responsive the developer is in dealing with it.

There are a few sites out there that offer stuff but the developers are unknown here, new users are flying blind as to what they are getting.

A commercial section would greatly help to sort out the wheat from the chaff. In my opinion.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Forum Section for Commercial Modules

I'm afraid it would harm the integrity that is this forum.

With this type of section, how would you control the listing of helpful versus harmful? Would we be happy with folks being exposed to the many templates that won't make it past the first attempt to edit them? Encoded/unchangeable scripts. Back door code. There's just so much that could go wrong.

Perhaps a section where "qualified" forum members could endorse commercial mods. But, if it's something I think the OP could use, I generally PM simply because it might not work for all.

I applaud the intention to help and inform. I just think we're doing it the safest way possible already.

Plugin Contributions

With this type of section, how would you control the listing of helpful versus harmful?
    Some big flashing (come on down "<marquee>") disclaimer at the top to the tune of "Not endorsed by Zen Cart and Buyer Beware" and by useful comments in each thread like "this is a piece of cr**, and they don't answer emails" etc.

As I see it, it empowers users and is a stick to beat lazy developers with.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Here's how much luck I've had with that. Read on, McDuff.

https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....58#post1358058

Plugin Contributions

...all useful pointers about the people users may think about dealing with....in my opinion.
    There are some pretty webs out there offering the earth for ZC who have never set foot here. Long-time users have a good idea who they would trust, but I'm thinking of new users, who then come here with the sob stories.
    I have no personal interest in this, I just think something is better than the nothing at present.
    Steve