Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal error code 10525. The amount to be charged is zero.

When trying to checkout with PayPal, Im getting this error log:

[ACK] => Failure
    [VERSION] => 124.0
    [BUILD] => 53530896
    [L_ERRORCODE0] => 10525
    [L_SHORTMESSAGE0] => Invalid Data
    [L_LONGMESSAGE0] => This transaction cannot be processed. The amount to be charged is zero.
    [L_SEVERITYCODE0] => Error
    [AMT] => 0.00
    [CURRENCYCODE] => USD
    [CURL_ERRORS] =>

I only get this when I try to checkout with a specific currency (DKK). When checking out with GBP or EUR then it works fine.
    Im wondering why the error log is showing [CURRENCYCODE] => USD when I selected DKK when checking out.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal error code 10525. The amount to be charged is zero.

What is your currency conversion rate for Krone? What are your settings in paypal as far as currency conversions or are all payments to be in USD? How does that log compare to one using one of the other currencies? (can be generated using one of the debug settings.)

Basically looks like there is a currency conversion issue resulting in a value of 0. Paypal doesn't operate on 0 balance charges. I note that at the moment an Internet search indicates that 1 Krone is 0.15 USD. Is this possibly a small Krone value item?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the suggestions. Currency rate for Krone is 8.57581902. PayPal settings are set to "Transaction Currency: Selected Currency".

I don't think the problem is a low DKK value because I still get the error even when the total amount is high. It seems like the value for some reason is set to 0.00 regardless of what the cart value is, when checking out with DKK.

When comparing a successful Paypal payment with an unsuccessful payment it looks like when checking out with DKK the currency sent to Paypal is set to USD and the value is set to 0.00. (when checking out with GBP or EUR the currency is set accordingly to GBP or EUR with the correct amounts, when looking in the Paypal error log). Any ideas?

I tried removing DKK in Zencart admin and inserting it again but that didn't make a difference.
    Last edited by DML73; 18 Sep 2019 at 12:08 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Which PayPal module(s) are being used? Is this an express checkout?

Plugin Contributions

PayPal Payments Pro (rev1.5.5) and PayPal Express Checkout (rev1.5.5) are installed.
    It's the PayPal Payments Pro module that is used to checkout with (the customer enter credit card information on my site), not Express.

Plugin Contributions

When the debug logs are enabled, isn't there more information made available to identify at/about where the changes occur?

Right now in a superficial review it looks like possibly that session data is not set at the point of processing the payment to identify DKK as the current currency or likely in this case is that the country of origin for the store is not set to UK or Canada and therefore it is defaulting to USD when attempting to determine the currency.

It appears that DKK is not a supported currency for US based transactions; however, EUR and GBP are supported. Thus those transactions will complete, but DKK and many of the other currencies will attempt to default to USD. Why such a transition doesn't then convert the currency appropriately, I'm not sure, but that's what I am seeing to happen in the function selectCurrency (starting at line 1393 (1.5.6) and 1390 on 1.5.5) found in includes/modules/payment/paypaldp.php of the file from Zen Cart Version 1.5.6 which I think is the payment module that applies here even if a different ZC version.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks a lot for the insight. I think you are right. My store location is Denmark but my Paypal account is registered in USA. So I guess the best/only solution is to get a new Paypal account registered in Denmark. I hope Paypal offer a similar solution as the Pro version in USA so I can process credit card payments on my site.