Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Recover Cart Sales - Can't Get It To Work

I have downloaded Recover Cart Sales - V403, loaded up the php files into their correct folders per the instructions, double-checked and triple-checked their location in the admin folders, and installed the sql script. Still doesn't work.

I get Configuration/Configure RCS screen, but only a ribbon that contains Title-Value-Action, nothing to be able to do any configurations.
    I also get Customers/Abandoned Carts, with a formatted screen but no information.
    I also get Reports/Recovered Sales Results, with a formatted screen but no information (of course).
    Under Tools, there is nothing, although I think I am supposed to get Recover Cart Sales.

I suspect I did something wrong in downloading the sql, but don't know what. What I did was open Tools/Install SQL Patches, copied the install-recover-cart-sales.sql from the download, pasted it into the box labeled "Enter the query
    to be executed: ", verified the script ends with ";" and clicked SEND. What comes back to me is the entire script above the Query box, but no messages, and the mod doesn't work.

It has been awhile since I installed a mod, so maybe I've forgotten a trick somewhere along the line. Can someone help me, please?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Recover Cart Sales - Can't Get It To Work

After starting this thread, I noticed there was an earlier thread (209940, v151 recover cart sales su zc 15) showing the same issue (Configuration/Configure RCS blank), so I did some additional checking. First, I used WinMerge to confirm the sql code I downloaded matches the sql code in thread 209940. Then, I confirmed that the php changes suggested in thread 209940 also match what was in the download. Then, I went out to phpmyadmin and have confirmed that scart exists, so apparently the sql query worked to some extent.

Just thought this additional info would be helpful if anyone can help me along here.

Thanks,
    Phil

Plugin Contributions

Not familiar with this module but when it comes to installing the sql, rather than do a Copy & Paste it is better nowadays to Upload the sql file. If you do that now you will probably get msgs. about Tables already created but it might help if any database entries were not installed correctly.

You should also check the 'logs' dir. for related error files.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the tip, Website Rob, I think I did just what you said, chose the file in Tools/SQL Query Executor/Choose file, selected install-recover-cart-sales.sql, and clicked Upload. Nothing happened. No change, no error, no duplicate message.

Hmmmmm.

Plugin Contributions

Bulletin! Bulletin!
    The error just showed up in my log file. Here it is:
    [22-Jul-2017 22:16:28 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: 1064:You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-recover-cart-sales.sql' at line 1 :: install-recover-cart-sales.sql; ==> (as called by) /home/my admin/test/sqlpatch.php on line 304 <== in /home/myaccount/public_html/test/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 155

Is this helpful? Can anyone figure this out now?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I've submitted v4.0.5 which now does an automated SQL install. No need to run any install.sql file anymore.

https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=25

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Here's the latest update:
    I ran uninstall-recover-cart-sales.sql, and it processed 4 statements successfully. I then checked my cpanel and scart was gone, as expected. I Then re-ran install-recover-cart-sales.sql, and it processed 15 statements successfully. Lo and Behold! I now have configuration options in Configuration/Configure RCS, and Abandoned Carts menu item in the Customer menu, and Recovered Sales Results menu item in the Reports menu.
    However, I don't have Recover Cart Sales menu item in the Tools menu. I have reloaded all the php files into their respective folders, and got the replacement message each time.
    What I am I still missing?

Oops! Sorry DrByte...I was composing while you were sending. Will this make a difference to my installation?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

4.0.3 moved Tools->Recover Carts to Customers->Abandoned Carts
    4.0.4 tweaked some email handling stuff
    4.0.5 cleaned up the installer. No net difference in installation end results though.

... So, worth installing 4.0.5 just to get the small fixes to email.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Phil, I would first upload the "uninstall-recover-cart-sales.sql" and make necessary changes for the new 4.0.5 version and upload 4.0.5. Then run the auto installer.

Let us know how it works out.

Plugin Contributions

I have done so (uninstalled and changed the php files), and everything DrByte promised is there! He has also changed the readme file to show the relevant menu items...I am no longer looking for an item in Tools.
    The only thing is that once you have run the uninstall and changed your php files, you must close and re-open your store in order to get the new install_rcs.php in the functions folder to work.

Now to get to work on the functionality. More later...

Thank You DrByte!
    Phil

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast