Plugin Contributions

Default Reviews by guest not showing - only when logged in even though admin configured allow

v1.5.5f php7.1

Reviews submitted by guests are not showing in admin (those submitted when logged in do show as expected in admin/reviews_pending_approval). Upon submitting the review as a guest the 'your review has been submitted for approval' message does not appear at the top of the page (as it does when logged in).

Admin/configuration/product_info has guest can leave reviews enabled, and reviews to be approved is also enabled.

So I can only assume that a file needs to be modified to allow guests to submit a review? (and not simply via configuration?) ... can someone steer me in the right direction please

cheers,
    Mike

1. this answers why some customers who said they would leave reviews probably did but they never make it through cyberspace - so ever since Guest Checkout has been enabled a number of reviews have been lost if those customers left a review
    2. even if a customer does have an account if I send them an email with the direct link to the review submission page for the product they purchased their review will also not be submitted - makes easy review submission that much harder.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Reviews by guest not showing - only when logged in even though admin configured a

Understand the desire to possibly figure this out alone; however, wouldn't this be better addressed in the forum associated with the guest checkout in question?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Reviews by guest not showing - only when logged in even though admin configured a

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Understand the desire to possibly figure this out alone; however, wouldn't this be better addressed in the forum associated with the guest checkout in question?
    Many thanks for your reply mc - I didn't realize there was a specific plugin for guests reviews, I though it was part of 1.5.5 core - forgot that I did in fact use that plugin way back in 1.3.9h - obviously carried over that 'old' plugin through some version upgrades - have posted in the appropriate forum now :)

cheers,
    Mike