Plugin Contributions

Default Is there a plugin that allows customers to upload photos?

By default, zencart only allows customers to post comments without uploading photos.

Images uploaded by members can also be saved on a third-party platform. The main purpose is to enable customers to upload photos and display customer-uploaded photos on the website.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is there a plugin that allows customers to upload photos?

Quote Originally Posted by jiji2018 View Post
    By default, zencart only allows customers to post comments without uploading photos.

Images uploaded by members can also be saved on a third-party platform. The main purpose is to enable customers to upload photos and display customer-uploaded photos on the website.
    It is possible to upload files/photos via product attributes. Accessing them is another process. What do you have in place to scan the images and ensure that they don't do something malicious once uploaded and before showing them to anyone on the internet?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

@MC: I don't the the OP means adding images to a product purchase via attributes; I think he wants a completely separate mechanism.

I don't see a mod in the plugins area to do this but it's a great idea. You'd want an approval mechanism (like reviews) so that bad guys couldn't upload inappropriate images and have them displayed on your site.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    @MC: I don't the the OP means adding images to a product purchase via attributes; I think he wants a completely separate mechanism.

I don't see a mod in the plugins area to do this but it's a great idea. You'd want an approval mechanism (like reviews) so that bad guys couldn't upload inappropriate images and have them displayed on your site.
    Honestly, it's not clear exactly by what process there is interest for the option, whether it's to add photos to product reviews or some other entry point.

While use of a product may not be the final method, it is possible to at least begin using a process that does support it now in advance of code being developed. That process would still follow the expectations likely to exist for any new process (user at least eventually requiring login, some level of approval to use the image, etc...). Not saying that it would make things easier, but an existing method regardless. A text field could be used to identify the product.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

For the catalog side I use uploads for doing custom products. the uploads are not made public. I also have a image upload as part of testimonials plugin. Only one image allowed, but the code can handle more. This image is made public. The upload code recreates the upload image, strips out the jpg code area, renames it, all before uploading to the server. This same process is done with the user avatar... The only issues so far is the need for the current PHP 7+ for the code to work correctly. Currently takes png's and jpg's, coverts, resize to jpg..

Tested with a standard phone photo and my birthday cup holder image... works!

other then testimonials, I don't think any review mods does this.
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!