Plugin Contributions

Default Login not working after install and possible SSL problem?

I installed zen cart today via cPanel's softaculous using namecheap as a host.

I confirmed that my SSL certificate doesn't have any issues by contacting namecheap's support. -They assured me it is correct and installed. The site is displayed on chrome as being secure with the lock icon when I don't have zen cart installed. However, when I install zen cart, the icon changes to a lowercase "i" and gives a warning about limited security. That's problem 1.

When I try to login to zen cart, the username/password doesn't work.

Whenever I click the "forgot password button" nothing happens. I don't even get an email message notifying me of repeated login attempts.

So, I followed this tutorial for changing the login through phpMyAdmin:

Open your phpMyAdmin (supplied by your hosting company), select your store's database, then click the "SQL" tab and run this query:
    Code:
    DELETE FROM admin WHERE admin_name = 'Admin';
    INSERT INTO admin (admin_name, admin_email, admin_pass, admin_profile)
    VALUES ('Admin', 'admin@localhost', '351683ea4e19efe34874b501fdbf9792:9b', 1);
    NOTE: If you are using a prefix for your database tables, you'll naturally need to add that prefix to the table name above.
    ie. "DELETE FROM prefix_admin ... " and "INSERT INTO prefix_admin ..." ... replacing "prefix_" with your actual tablename prefix.

Getting an error like this? "1146 - Table 'myaccountname.admin doesn't exist". This means you need to add the prefix, as described in the NOTE above.

I managed to do it incorrectly several times because I have no idea about how sql works and I'm not sure exactly where to put in my prefix - before every time it says "admin?" on just a few at the top? etc.

So, I just uninstalled zen cart and set it up to not have a prefix. Then, I pasted in the tutorial code exactly. This time, I didn't get an error message and it seemed to update. When I went to the login, though, Admin username and admin password still doesn't work.

I have also tried clearing browser cache and cookies and making sure my browser is set to allow cookies.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Login not working after install and possible SSL problem?

Welcome to the forum. Sorry you're having some problems. Most of your problems are that you used something other than the actual Zen Cart files to load your cart.

There is really no way for the other folks to maintain current files, security fixes, etc. Plus, the so-called auto loaders do not include the install directory which is very important to check your system for compatibility.

Remove the existing Zen Cart files from your root directory or whatever directory you have it in now. Download the zip file at the link above. Upload the zip to your cpanel and unzip the file. It will create a folder of its own. Move the contents of that folder to the folder you removed the current Zen Cart from.

Create a blank MySQL database or delete the data in the one you were using. Make note of the username and password as they will be needed in the installation.

If you have placed the new files in the root of your site, go to yoursiteDOTcom/zc_install. Follow the directions.

It will tell you your admin password and the name of your admin folder. Make sure to keep the password. After installation, you'll be prompted to remove the zc_install folder.

Check back and let us know how it goes.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so much! It's working great. I can't believe I spent so much time and frustration trying to install it with Softaculous, yesterday. Thanks again, dbltoe, I seriously appreciate it!

Plugin Contributions

Glad you got it going.