Plugin Contributions

Default Categories - Change <title> of page without changing category name

v1.5.5f PHP 7.1 Westminster_New template

How can I change the <TITLE> of a Category page without changing the category name? - I want to have a page title to match meta title - for SEO purposes.

cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Categories - Change <title> of page without changing category name

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    v1.5.5f PHP 7.1 Westminster_New template

How can I change the <TITLE> of a Category page without changing the category name? - I want to have a page title to match meta title - for SEO purposes.

cheers,
    Mike
    To which <title> are you referring? On a category page, the title tag is generated from the meta data. Are you referring to the <h1> tag where the category name is displayed? If that is the case, why not change the category name?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Categories - Change <title> of page without changing category name

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    To which <title> are you referring? On a category page, the title tag is generated from the meta data. Are you referring to the <h1> tag where the category name is displayed? If that is the case, why not change the category name?
    Thanks for your response mc ... yes I am talking about the page <title> tag or <h1> which is generated from the category meta data. Is it possible to have the page title different to the meta, making the category title a <H2> - rightly or wrongly I see an SEO advantage in doing this (longer more descriptive keyword rich page title, not unlike the index page title capacity of up to 60 characters nominal) however with the category title remaining typically shorter for on page aesthetics and for url generation.

This is not a big deal so if it is something that would require a lot of coding then I can live without it - I was just looking at all aspects of maximizing SEO.

In respect to changing the category title - I did this on another site and as you may recall it created havoc with CEON - not that it is a fault with CEON but moreso 1.5.5f and the version I have installed - but it wouldn't achieve the desired result anyway

thanks again,
    Mike