I'm thinking about building a sidebox for product filtering. I've checked the dynamic attribute filter plugin and a couple others but they don't do what I want. I was wondering if there was a URL parameter that could be used to search products based on attribute option values (not just names). I would like to have a drop-down consisting of certain option names (not all because we have 450 of them) nested with radio boxes for option values so users can filter through our 5,000+ jewelry products. I understand the params may not exist, and if not, can someone walk me through how to set that up so they do exist or point me in the direction of where to learn how?

I can see in init_canonical where to put the param so it stays in the url. I see in the jscript_main for advanced search result where the param value gets sanitized and I can sanitize the values by checking it against an array of our option values I want in the filter and nullify the param value if it doesn't match one of those integers. I see in header_php.php where the param gets pulled and becomes callable. I also see in header_php.php where the sql statements get built. Am I missing anything else?

I see that the option names and values tables aren't used in the join so it'll definitely require some reworking. Is there any reason this wasn't included by default? I feel like a lot of users over the years have been requesting the ability to search for products based on option values available. Anyone selling T-Shirts would be able to have users filter by size or parts sellers could have users filter by materials etc...