Plugin Contributions

database error Need Code Interpretation Please

After transferring database tables from zc155f to my new 156c cart and my admin had disappeared. This is what I get in my debug logs:

Code:
    [05-Oct-2019 13:59:34 America/Detroit] Request URI: /webstore/zcadmin/configuration.php?gID=20&cID=438&action=save, IP address: 172.250.38.202
    #1  trigger_error() called at [/home/sammirah/public_html/webstore/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:171]
    #2  queryFactory->show_error() called at [/home/sammirah/public_html/webstore/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:143]
    #3  queryFactory->set_error() called at [/home/sammirah/public_html/webstore/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:270]
    #4  queryFactory->Execute() called at [/home/sammirah/public_html/webstore/zcadmin/configuration.php:26]
    --> PHP Fatal error: 1054:Unknown column 'val_function' in 'field list' :: SELECT val_function FROM zen_configuration WHERE configuration_id = 438 ==> (as called by) /home/sammirah/public_html/webstore/zcadmin/configuration.php on line 26 <== in /home/sammirah/public_html/webstore/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 171.
    I need to know where to go to fix this before I cause another mess is there something I need to change in /webstore/zcadmin/configuration.php or the database itself?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need Code Interpretation Please

You'll need to run the zc_install procedure to update your database from its zc155 version to include the new fields now used by zc156 and later.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need Code Interpretation Please

Even if that has been done at least once using the zc_install from Zen Cart 1.5.6c, it may need to be run again and attention then taken to the logs folder for any mydebug files associated with the upgrade. There may be fields in the database that require modification to allow the upgrade to fully process... Recommendation is that after the zc_install upgrade, do not yet log into admin, but review the logs. Some of the logs may not matter such as those indicating unable to remove a field because it is already missing or unable to add a field because it is already there. But ones that talk about incorrect date or datetime fields need to be addressed.

The above may be unnecessary to your specific problem; however, has been related to others that have had a similar situation, although there is no specific indication that zc_install was used to upgrade from 1.5.5f to 1.5.6c at all prior to attempting to access the admin.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...