Plugin Contributions

Default I'm getting 403 Forbidden error when attempting to create a new Category.

I can edit existing Categories, but get the following error when attempting to create a new category:

Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access this resource.
    Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Can anyone tell me where the source of this problem might be? Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I'm getting 403 Forbidden error when attempting to create a new Category.

Help can be offered when there is enough information to either base an answer on normal operation or experience with a similar matter.

I'm thinking at the moment that going through the posting tips and answering each statement would be a good idea for a decent starting point.

Additionally, looking into error logs of any type would likely identify where the problem is, but not necessarily how it came to be. Would expect that there may be a mydebug-adm- error log in the logs directory from around that point of operation. If posting the contents be sure to obscure the admin directory name or any other sensitive information.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I'm getting 403 Forbidden error when attempting to create a new Category.

Look in your server's raw access-logs. Those will identify what resource was being requested when the 403 (forbidden) was raised.

Plugin Contributions

My site:

Sorry. Here is some other info I should have included in my original post.
    Zen Cart ver. 1.5.5
    Add-ons: Bookmark_sidebox; contact_us_add_subject_v2; edit_orders_1-5-3; privacy_conditions_returns_files_1-1; testimonial_manager_v1-5-2
    PHP ver: 5.6.40 (Zend: 2.6.0)

Also, I'm not sure what error files to look at or how to find them other than the raw access logs suggested by user lat9. Using cpanel I found 2 logfiles. I purposely generated the error condition by attempting to create a new Category, noting the time. However, upon searching both logfiles, I found no entry for either error code 403, or the word "forbidden".

Maybe I'm not looking at the right logfiles, but I'm not sure where to go from here. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Hi

I'm getting the same error when I attempt to update the price on a particular product. I change it from $20 to $22, click preview, and get the error.

There is no error log generated by this.

If I attempt to update another product in the same category it works fine.

Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by royaldave View Post
    Hi

I'm getting the same error when I attempt to update the price on a particular product. I change it from $20 to $22, click preview, and get the error.

There is no error log generated by this.

If I attempt to update another product in the same category it works fine.

Any ideas?
    Is it only in updating to the value of $22 from $20? Not 22.00, 21 or any other number? Thought I've seen such forbidden errors occur because of over zealous mod_security rules or similar.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Is it only in updating to the value of $22 from $20? Not 22.00, 21 or any other number? Thought I've seen such forbidden errors occur because of over zealous mod_security rules or similar.
    Original value is $20 - I've tried updating to 22, 21 ,45, 99 and all fail.

Incidentally I recall having a similar problem in the past and I got around it by using Edge (I usually use Chrome) however on this occasion that fails too!