Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal Payments Pro doesn't play nice with COWOA. Do I need Collectscarddataonsite?

So I'm upgrading my site to 1.5.6 and want Check Out Without Account - using the newest version of COWOA as far as I can tell (version 2.4). Everything works fine up until the checkout_confirmation step. Using COWOA, and if I try to pay with a credit card, the final confirmation page repeats itself, basically reprinting everything from tpl_ajax_checkout_confirmation_default.php. It still works fine, but I don't want customers seeing two confirmation buttons and getting confused. Obviously, the problem is with the new ajax confirmation process. If I turn the collectscarddataonsite flag to FALSE in paypaldp.php, it works just fine.

Two questions:
    1. What is the advantage of the collectscarddataonsite flag? Is there any advantage to having it on vs off?
    2. If I should leave the flag on, any ideas on how to get rid of the duplicate checkout_confirmation display? I thought about setting a variable and making sure it doesn't repeat, but that seems cumbersome and sloppy. Seems there should be a relatively simple fix for this.

FWIW, I'm still using PHP 5.6 since my old version of ZenCart doesn't support anything higher than that. I'll upgrade PHP once I upgrade the site.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Payments Pro doesn't play nice with COWOA. Do I need Collectscarddataonsi

Well, it's my understanding that having the value set to true handles the information to support PCI compliance. So, it seems to maintain security of the information it should remain true. That leads to what action/code is needed to then provide the checkout_confirmation a single time rather than the observed double process. It would therefore seem that COWOA would need some modification to provide the single occurrence.

Been trying to see what the normal Ajax checkout process does, but haven't been able to "zoom" in on the sequence to identify what should be where to support the operation without incorporating some debug code to follow the bouncing ball. I might look into it more.

Would suggest bringing up the issue in the forum thread for the plugin if it exists.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Payments Pro doesn't play nice with COWOA. Do I need Collectscarddataonsi

OK I think I solved it. I had the problem when I was using the tpl_checkout_payment_default.php file from the COWOA plugin. To fix it, I just took the tpl_checkout_payment_default.php file from the new ZenCart version and inserted the COWOA code from COWOA's tpl_checkout_confirmation_default.php file. There's only two blocks of code and they're labeled so it's easy to find. Also, needed to insert COWOA code from tpl_checkout_confirmation_default.php into the tpl_ajax_checkout_confirmation_default.php file to display the progress bar at the top. Should be good to go now...