Plugin Contributions

Default PapPal express landing page

Greetings: I wanted to share this with the community:
    I opened a ticket with PayPal Merchant Technical Support (MTS) to see how to get off the PayPal account landing page for orders where customers want to use a Credit Card. I sent off an email...

Have you any experience with PayPal Express? I have highlighted PayPals response. I have a big issue with not being able to control the PayPal landing page when directed to their site for CC info. Customers are getting confused because it opens the PayPal login screen, with the small, grayish box for credit card orders.

Based upon my response from PP/MTS:
    The PayPal checkout is designed to default on the PayPal log in portion of the landing page, however, if you pass LANDINGPAGE=Billing in your initial SetExpressCheckout API call, this will change the landing page to default on the guest checkout portion of the page. If you are using a third party checkout, please check with them to see how to pass LANDINGPAGE=Billing in the SetExpressCheckout API call.

Not sure what they are saying here... is this API call something we control before the customer is rerouted to the PP landing page?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PapPal express landing page

Zen Cart already passes the Billing value for that parameter in SetExpressCheckout.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.