Plugin Contributions

Default Specific font color areas

I've just installed v1.5.6c. I've been designing websites and coding half of my life. I don't want to appear like a complete idiot, so I'll explain that I've a lot of my memory due to recent chemotherapy treatments.

I know how to change font colors, I've succeeded in that. What I'm having trouble with is in this area:

Code:
    body, .messageStackSuccess, .messageStackCaution, #tagline, #productQuantityDiscounts table, .categoryListBoxContents a, h2.greeting a {color:#FFFFFF;}
    a:link, #navEZPagesTOC ul li a, a:hover, #navEZPagesTOC ul li a:hover, #navMain ul li a:hover, #navSupp ul li a:hover, .sideBoxContent a:visited, fieldset fieldset legend, #navBreadCrumb a:visited, #siteinfoLegal a, h3.rightBoxHeading a:hover, h3.leftBoxHeading a:hover, .cartTotalDisplay, .cartOldItem, .specialsListBoxContents, .centerBoxContentsSpecials, .centerBoxContentsAlsoPurch, .centerBoxContentsFeatured, .centerBoxContentsNew, .list-price, .itemTitle a, h2.greeting, #icon, h1, .header .fa-bars {color:#000000;}
    a:visited, .cat-count, .itemTitle a:hover, h2.greeting a:hover {color:#000000;}
    I want the page text to be white, the links to be black. BUT, now my unit totals, quantities, and max quantities are also white and I can barely read it.

How do I change these areas specifically, without it being grouped into everything?

Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Specific font color areas

If you are using the responsive_classic template, I feel your pain. A great addition to Zen Cart but, they went one step too far. Whether they thought people were able to break out the code or that folks would not want to change the colors is not sure. But, the result is an excellent template that is a bugger to manipulate.

That's why Haredo and I spent some time breaking the thing apart by areas of the cart and not by colors.

Take a look at the mod in my sig and see if that doesn't help.

We recommend that you clone responsive_classic THEN change the new with the color change mod.

Plugin Contributions

I don't see a mod?

Thanks so much for your help!

Plugin Contributions

Second line of my signature

Plugin Contributions

Thank you! It worked very well! I appreciate all of your hard work. The only problem I have is now the total background has been changed. Where it was once all the "medium" color, is now white, except for the center. I tried changing the background from none to the hex number, but it didn't change.

Plugin Contributions

Nevermind, I got it. Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Perhaps you can help us as well as learn more about colors yourself.

If you could take the time to review the WIKI that will be coming out with the new 1.5.7.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Plugin Contributions

I love it! I appreciate the saturation explanation. I kept wondering what the 0.6 and such was after the RGB was and had to look it up. I thought how genius is that!

Now, I'm working on trying to figure out how to modify the dropdown menu on mobile. It's got pages that I don't want in there. Chemo saved my life, but did a number on the brain!

Plugin Contributions

Now, it's time to refer to the first line of my sig.

They are there for a reason. The easiest way to get a solution for a Zen Cart situation is to provide the information requested in the posting tips.

If you gave a link to your site and said which pages need to be removed, someone could certainly be more helpful.

Please note that giving ANY private info about your site will be Google searchable seconds after you hit the reply button. If you are not quite ready for the world to see your site, just post it in the form your_siteDOTcom.

Never post code snippets or information with the admin folder name, database information, passwords, or a zenid.