Plugin Contributions

Default Adding a field to categories

Hi.

Really, really sorry to have to raise this question two years down the line (original thread: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....ight=digibooks).

Design75 and Carlwhat took me in the direction; regrettably I had a major server issue and reloaded the Admin section only to discover I had lost the changes I made using that earlier thread. I have downloaded the original script from the forum and reapplied the recommendations but still getting errors and not sure where I have gone wrong.

Adding a new category displays the Series Link field but the data is not written back to the server. Editing a category does not display the Series Link field at all.

In addition now the Category description is displaying as HTML code and not the cleaned-up text.

<p><strong style="font-size: 11px; color: rgb(0, 0, 128);">Tara and Kyle come from completely different backgrounds but fate throws them together. Kyle is damaged from the loss of his family. A series of bad decisions have left him working for the very criminals he once sought to put away. His heart is frozen and he cares about nothing, least of all himself. Tara, given away by her mother when she was a child, has never known love.</strong></p>

<p><span style="color:#000080;"><span style="font-size:11px;"><strong>Thrown together by circumstances, they soon realize that they need each other but are cruelly ripped apart. Kyle must race against time to save Tara from the clutches of the man who controls her every move and who has kept the most devastating of betrayals until last. This fast paced thriller takes you on a journey to the dark side of human nature. Fate brought them together. Can The Game keep them apart?</strong></span></span></p>

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I promise to ensure everything is backed up properly once it's working again!!!

Kindest regards

Owen
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding a field to categories

Just to clarify this file is located at Admin/categories.php. I note that there is also Admin/includes/modules/categories.php - do I need to do anything with that file?

Plugin Contributions

OK so I have resolved one of the issues. I had cat_series_LINK instead of cat_series_link so the data is now writing back to the database when creating a new category.

Plugin Contributions

I have sorted the Cat Series field on new and edit categories. Just the HTML code issue left.