Plugin Contributions

Default Who's Online - Shopping Cart Not Showing & Other Minor Issues

My site: www.tattingcorner.com
    ZC version: 1.5.5d
    PHP version: 5.6 (this is likely pertinent)

My webadmin moved my site over the weekend from his server (he's retiring) to my own new hosted server. I'm staying with the same hosting company. They are at PHP 7.1, I'm still using PHP 5.6 for ZC due to older scripts that need to be able to run, per my webadmin. The site move was a file-by-file copy of the site.

Of course the niggling little problems cropped up, but most have been resolved. The one that causes me the most frustration is that the Who's Online page in the admin backend does not show the shopping cart to the right any longer. Everything is on the page that is supposed to be, except the shopping cart.

Searching the forums yielded a suggestion (although old) to query the hosting company to see if the suhosin extension was enabled. The hosting company has checked and it is not enabled.

I have not been able to find any other thread reporting this issue other than referencing the suhosin extension.

Concurrently, I also see that some of the guests listed on the Who's Online page show active shopping carts, but can't be, as the guest is the monitoring service that I signed up for requesting that they auto-monitor for site outages.

Is there some configuration that may need changed? Keep in mind that I do not know php for the most part.

Thanks,

Lisa

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Who's Online - Shopping Cart Not Showing & Other Minor Issues

Have you tried replacing admin/whos_online.php with a stock one from 1.5.5F? Make sure to back it up first. There might be a PHP issue or it mught just have gotton corrupted on move.

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

Are there no mydebug errors in your logs folder? If so, post them using the # sign above.

Your site should run on 7.1 but, some of the mods might not be capable of 7.1.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Are there no mydebug errors in your logs folder? If so, post them using the # sign above.

Your site should run on 7.1 but, some of the mods might not be capable of 7.1.
    From what I can see, the mydebug error logs are centering around the stamps.php for Stamps.com. I have some referencing query_factory.php as well...but I do not know enough about php to actually understand what's erroring.

There are some mods that have to run under 5.6. My webadmin was going to upgrade me to the next version of ZC, and do the PHP update as well, but he really wants to retire fully (he has chronic leukemia and it's getting the better of him), so I'm now having to look for alternatives while I keep ZC up and running. Haven't been able to find anyone that will do what Chuck has done for me in the past - everyone wants to work in WordPress and WooCommerce. Honestly, I don't really want to change off of ZC, but if I can't find anyone to do the work for me (I'm pretty low maintenance on a day to day basis, but coding is beyond my capability), then I guess I'll have to.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mprough View Post
    Have you tried replacing admin/whos_online.php with a stock one from 1.5.5F? Make sure to back it up first. There might be a PHP issue or it mught just have gotton corrupted on move.

~Melanie
    Hmmm. I'll ask him.

Plugin Contributions

For what it's worth, I'm thinking that one of the threads where I've also had this issue was seen, but I came across this with PHP 5.6 as well. I tried replacing the whos_online.php, the includes/init_includes/init_sessions.php and a number of other modifications, but it seems that it wasn't until I upped the PHP version that operation was restored. (worked also at PHP 5.5, but had issues in 5.6)...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    For what it's worth, I'm thinking that one of the threads where I've also had this issue was seen, but I came across this with PHP 5.6 as well. I tried replacing the whos_online.php, the includes/init_includes/init_sessions.php and a number of other modifications, but it seems that it wasn't until I upped the PHP version that operation was restored. (worked also at PHP 5.5, but had issues in 5.6)...
    I think you're right. We did try replacing whos_online.php just now, and it didn't fix the issue. Unfortunately, I have some mods that just will not run on a higher PHP version, so I guess unless someone has a magic wand somewhere that I'm going to have to live with this.