Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Site speed diagnosis needed

i restored to two backups b4 this 1 and it is now running fast, but when i upload images folder it slows down again

Plugin Contributions

This may not be related but for 1stchoiceflooringservice.com the page load hangs with a displayed error of

Code:
    The Google Analytics trackingID is not yet defined in
     /includes/extra_datafiles/ec_analytics.php
    Additionally, in Firefox dev tools, there were a number of images with '404 not found' and a couple of '101 switching protocols' errors (the latter of which I know nothing).
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

the new featured and special boxes are what is bogging down website, when i delete all pictures from product_pictures everything works fast, just no pictures.

Plugin Contributions

Slow SQL server is what's slowing it down.....
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jimmie View Post
    the new featured and special boxes are what is bogging down website, when i delete all pictures from product_pictures everything works fast, just no pictures.
    Are all pictures in one directory or are they in sub-directories of a directory? Part of the issue may be going through several files in the directory to find those that match the associated product.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

most if not all pictures are in a folder in images called product pictures, i even deleted the element and it speeds things up, Parse Time: 0.564, but i kind of like the element, i have a support ticket in. ok, first thing none of my other sites behave in this way, not a server problem. when i created this website i think i put it in the wrong folder,but has always worked, never have 1 been able to upload product pictures attribute pictures, documents, etc., i had to ftp all things in. could me uploading images though ftp be the cause, mind you ,im using same images from main site

Plugin Contributions

Just because your other websites don't behave this way doesn't mean it isn't a server problem.... The newer software has changed significantly. Have you checked that you have everything you need?

https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...o-run-zen-cart

Keep in mind that plugins may have their own requirements... On top of the list above you can add SOAP and make certain mysqli is running as well.

Also consider that since we can see there is a server load issue that it's intermittent and you could be chasing a ghost.

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

Webpagetest.org is a great resource for testing the speed of your site. It is showing a 6-7 second First Byte time...that is way high. Should be about 0.500 sec. Image caching is failing also, and there are many images that are not optimized. Run the test and use the output as a guide.

How large are your raw product images? If they are very large, the Image Handler may take more processing time to re-size them. Try resizing to just larger than the largest image you need and upload.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckPhillips View Post
    Webpagetest.org is a great resource for testing the speed of your site. It is showing a 6-7 second First Byte time...that is way high. Should be about 0.500 sec. Image caching is failing also, and there are many images that are not optimized. Run the test and use the output as a guide.

How large are your raw product images? If they are very large, the Image Handler may take more processing time to re-size them. Try resizing to just larger than the largest image you need and upload.
    The concept of the image handler is that the resizing should only need to be done one time, so while there would be an "initial" load to resize the image(s), future access to the image would be faster than either the initial resize and also faster than the original picture.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jimmie View Post
    ..... when i created this website i think i put it in the wrong folder,but has always worked, never have 1 been able to upload product pictures attribute pictures, documents, etc., i had to ftp all things in. could me uploading images though ftp be the cause, mind you ,im using same images from main site
    This is why I feel the site is chasing its tail.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast